Im thinking that i might get a new amp in the future and i play mostly metal and shred i want something that will sound good with distortion and i was thinking maybe getting a cheaper head and cabinet so if any one has any suggestions
if your willing to go to 500$ i recomend a Crate GTX212 it cost me 499$ and its got nice a nice distorted tone but still packs a punch on those cleans,all in my oppion of course
Are we alive or just breathing?
that looks good it looks like they stopped making it and by the time i get the money i probably wont be able to find it
The rolland cube 30 is great, or I use the line 6 spider II 75 watt.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

"Arguing online is like racing in the Special Olympics- Even if
you win you're still retarded."

"You cant spell crap without rap"
get a cube 60...good for metal and also has a good range of effects
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
I'd recommend the Randall RG series amps. The G3 is out now, which sounds very kickass and has a ton of distortion and very nice cleans. I have a G2, which is an older model (I think they sound identical to eachother, but that's just me). They're a great deal for the price, and if you can find a G2 it's an even better deal. I got my G2 for $320 CAD, so obviously I saved some money over getting the newer model.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
I found a Line 6 Spider II 75w,modeling head used for $180 and i like line 6 a lot i have their pod and guitarport but what would be a good cab for this?
yea it is.
Edit: try it first see if you like it.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
how about the Behringer V-Tone GMX210 Stereo Combo Amp my friend has it and i like it a lot and it has some of the same things my brothers amp that came with his behringer guitar that i liked and it only costs $200 and comes with footswitch so has anyone used this im pretty sure ill end up with it tho
Randall RG200 G2 or G3
Awesome 200 watt 2x12

Works perfectly for metal [scooped tone]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
The blue voodoo sounds better then the v-tone.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by 420 FREAK
I found one for $250 is it worth it

My friend has been raving about Blue VooDoos to me for a while, and I finally found a used Combo at the local Sam Ash, and it sounded great! And it's a real tube amp if I remember right, not a solid state. In that price range, that would be my choice...

Stay away from the Spiders... they are decent amps, but not the best thing you can get in the price range... I know... I bought one... :S
-George

Gear:
'52 RI Fender Tele Hot Rod (*drool*)
(93) 1994 40th Anniversary Fender Strat (American)
Michael Kelly Patriot Q in Amberburst
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Crate V8 Palomino 5W Tube Combo
the blue voodoo would cost me another $50 plus shipping i found it at daddy's junky music has anybody bought anything from them before
Another thin how is the distortion on the blue vodoo i was going to buy a good rtion pedal but i would have to put the money towards this if i decide to go with it so i wouldn't have a good distortion pedal?
$200-400 is pushing it pretty hard for a good metal amp. If you're willing, save up $560 and get a Randall RG50TC combo. Plenty loud, sounds good.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
you don't need a distortion pedal for the blue voodoo it has plenty of gain, one of the cannibal corpse guitarists used it.
The distortion pedal sucks compared to the blue voodoo.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10