Well?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Yup. Great for practice actually if you're patient enough to fiddle around with the settings.

(That said, overdrive, treble on 10, bass on 10, contour on 5, gain on 2, and volume at 11)

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
I hear they're alright for PRACTICE...but nothing more. Honestly, you could do much better for the price.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I know, i was just looking for one for practice.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
You could get an Epi Valve Junior, a decent OD and a decent EQ for the same price as a Marshall MG.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

^ now thats a practice amp. But remember, Zakk Wylde uses it and says , "T3h 0V3RDR1V3 IS TEH SLAM and TeH DiSStOrtiON IS T3h CRUShoORZzZZ LAwL"
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
they are ok for practice but you can get better for the price (like a roland microcube.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Any amp is ok for practicing. If you care about your tone at all then you would go with a Valvetronix or a Cube of some kind. Dont get the Epi VJ.
dude. you are beocming the new bluespunkmetal, with less spam. like, a thread an hour...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
with a modelling processor through it, i guess so.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by dementedpuppy
^ now thats a practice amp. But remember, Zakk Wylde uses it and says , "T3h 0V3RDR1V3 IS TEH SLAM and TeH DiSStOrtiON IS T3h CRUShoORZzZZ LAwL"

ahahah thats funny

I pissed my pants when I first saw that add on the Marshall website. I cant believe he let them put that. He doesnt actually use it (and like it) does he??
Quote by It'sForTheBest
Those cameras are really cool. I'm watching a parking lot right now.

Quote by SynGates7X
alright, you need to tell me how you get the shits to come out
they're good if you just want noise ... but you can get a much better practise amp for the price...
or a cheaper one thats still better... then save a couple bucks
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
It's okay for practice. But, you can get a much better practice amp for cheaper. I would know. I have one. I've compared. Vox, Roland, whatever. Just get something better. Oh, and definitely not a Spider.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
you can get better for cheaper. basically. even for practice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what about heavier stuff? isn't the valve junior a bit, classic rocky? well, it looks it
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^ yeah, it is. i didn't mean just the valve junior, the roland microcube is a lot better than an MG, for instance. Heck, I'd rather have a spider (for more modern stuff).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There's nothing wrong with an MG,

if your after an amp to get started on guitar then its perfect, its simple, and its got an alright overdrive sound. I like the MG's and you can get a nice sound out of them.

I use a Marshall AVT150x and would recommend the AVT series but they cost more than the MG's and if your after something to start out on then you don't need somethin expensive, how long have you played for??

The MG10CD is pretty good compared with the competition offerings from Crate, Fender, and Peavey. I bought mine for $70 and carry it in my Jeep during the summer for camping trips or other times I don't feel like lugging a valuable amp.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ yeah, pete, i mean if you go with the really cheap 10-watter, if you already have it, it's probably not worth upgrading, plus the fact that you can lug it around without really worrying about breaking it. the microcube is about £70, while the mg10 is like £45-£50, so that's not really a totally fair comparison. But get up to even the 15 watter with fx, and you're well into microcube or vox da5 territory. I haven't tried the vox, but the microcube is great fun. Obviously it's not the best amp in the world either at that price, but at least it's fun. Heck, I thought the MG was rubbish when I still thought my AVT was good, that's how bad the MG is.

But I wouldn't recommend the MG at all if you are trying to decide what to buy and actually have a choice as to what you go for.

^^ I wouldn't recommend the avt either, there are just much better amps available for the same price.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Of course they are, but if I had one of those I would use my tube amp on stage though the Mg is one of the better sounding Transistor amps I've heard.
MG's are pretty good for practice. Try maybe a MG30DFX? I have tried some MG's that are like 15 watt, etc, and they're OKAY for practice. I'd reccommend a Kustom KGA10DFX. Fricken' awesome practice amp.s Cost me £50.