ok i think i have tendonitious i am going too see a doctor to be totaly sure soon,i dont think i have carpal tunnel as i don't have any of the symptoms really. no numbness, no loss of strength in my hand ether but i do want to be sure. I understand if i do have it i will have to stop using my hand until its healed. I am worried because i don't want to give up guitar due to it. so will this be the end of my playing if i do have it
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Last edited by Sturek at Jan 23, 2007,
not necessarily. i have carpel tunnel in both wrists but i still play fine. i just had to ease up when it was pointed out to me
if you've got none of the symptoms then what the hell are you worried about?

And no not likely just play every once in a while, just to make sure you keep the rythm and skill.
Vintage VRS100 Custom 24
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Harley Benton HBR7-450FRBK (7 string)
Tanglewood Nevada FST 36
Hughes & Kettner ATS MKII
Vox Tonelab SE
Sennheiser E285 S
Danelectro free Speech Talk Box
oops sorry i meant to say I don't think its carpal tunnel because i don't have those symptoms more likley its tendonitits is what I MEANT to say sorry.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
All tendonitis is, is swelling of the tendons.. Just don't play for a couple of days and wrap your hand when you play.
ah i'll let you off then but yeah just ease off on the playing and wear a bandaid or something when you do play. Best bet really.
Vintage VRS100 Custom 24
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Harley Benton HBR7-450FRBK (7 string)
Tanglewood Nevada FST 36
Hughes & Kettner ATS MKII
Vox Tonelab SE
Sennheiser E285 S
Danelectro free Speech Talk Box
wrist wraps help? guess i should go and buy wrist wraps than any suggestions on a good one?
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Another thing that would help is that "proper" techique for chords and stuff. Meaning wairing your guitar all up high, but it'll keep your wrist straight all the time when playing, thus reducing stress and in turn, pain.
wrist wraps help? guess i should go and buy wrist wraps than any suggestions on a good one?
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Quote by Sturek
ok i think i have tendonitious i am going too see a doctor to be totaly sure soon,i dont think i have carpal tunnel as i don't have any of the symptoms really. no numbness, no loss of strength in my hand ether but i do want to be sure. I understand if i do have it i will have to stop using my hand until its healed. I am worried because i don't want to give up guitar due to it. so will this be the end of my playing if i do have it

Go check it out before it becomes a chronic situation and you find you can't play, can't type at a keyboard, are in constant pain, etc.

Regards,

Rob
my mom plays violin and has tendonitis. dont worry you wont have to give up guitar
ok good ya im gonna go before it becomes a serious problem thats 4 sure i don't wanna have to stop
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100