alright im not looking to get flamed if i posted this in the wrong forum
i dont post many so dont bother
umm and i didnt really feel like looking into the settings thread

does anyone have a good bluesy john mayer tone or like jimi hendrix?

thanks
sorry man this isnt to flame but those settings are in the ultimate settings thread
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
thanks dude
i dont wanna be lazy or anything but i check like 40 something pages and i probably wasnt looking for it at the time so do you know what page its on (or like what pages its located around)
I believe that you can "achieve" hendrix's tone with a marshall and you can get jonh mayer's blues tone with a fender blues deluxe or something.

Edit: Read the thread wrong...still take what i said into consideration though!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Well, for a generally bluesy sound, i would use the neck pickup with some slight overdrive and high mids. What's your amp/guitar set up?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Well fuzz is nice for hendrix but you dont really need a fuzz pedal, its just a nice plus. When i want hendrix i usually go to my clean channel and put some gain on it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by TwoString
Mayer tone is really clean. He uses low output pickups and cranks his amps, giving him an edgy but clean tone. I think he kicks in a tube screamer or two for his overdrive sound.

He uses a bunch of pedals for his tone. He uses a Fulldrive 2, Keeley TS808, and many others. He also uses insanely expensive amps like Two Rocks and Dumble's I believe.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Fer John Mayor...purchase a Two-Rock head/cab. They sound awesome.

I believe his setup is a Dumble sandwiched by a Two-Rock on either side. Quite the set up. It makes me sick. Two-Rocks are, indeed, awesome.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Ok I have two ?'s I have a Blues Junior Amp (fender) and wanted a John Mayer setting for that if anyone could help that would be great, & looking for a John Mayer Pedal I was looking at The TS808 or The Sparkle Drive Wich do you guys recomend?
^Well, for the pedal, the sparkle drive is pretty much a ts808 circuit but with a "clean" option that allows you to layer your original clean tone with your overdriven one so it sounds basically like you're using 2 amps. The only way to decide, though, is to try them out to see which you like best.

EDIT: And if my memory serves me correctly, the sparkle drive is true bypass, but i could be mixing it up with something else.

Also, to being a fellow Tennessee resident.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Feb 5, 2007,
Sparkle drive is indeed true bypass. I prefer it over the 808, but your opinion may differ.
^Agreed. But as you say, its all personal opinion.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86