This is my first attempt writing lyrics. . . let me fill you in on what I'm writing about. A year and a half ago I got really interested in this girl, so I ended up giving all my attention to her and lost my friends, and then we broke up just a few days ago. Simple, but whatever I just want to know if I should keep writing or not. It's incomplete by the way,

Is it was for real
So many around me
My heart was crushed
And I quit believing
The smile
That was on my face
Carries only cold
Do you even have meaning

How can I trust
What is there to love
Speak to my heart slowly
Or I won't understand
Quote by PussCaterpillar
This is my first attempt writing lyrics. . . let me fill you in on what I'm writing about. A year and a half ago I got really interested in this girl, so I ended up giving all my attention to her and lost my friends, and then we broke up just a few days ago. Simple, but whatever I just want to know if I should keep writing or not. It's incomplete by the way,

Is it was for real
So many around me
My heart was crushed
And I quit believing
The smile
That was on my face
Carries only cold
Do you even have meaning

How can I trust
What is there to love
Speak to my heart slowly
Or I won't understand

Sorry, the first line of the song was "Is it for real," the was is there. . . I don't know why o.O
there was some good lines in here, but i think it doesn't flow quite well. Maybe work on that a little bit. Crit mine.
Quote by Solo Shine
there was some good lines in here, but i think it doesn't flow quite well. Maybe work on that a little bit. Crit mine.

Hmmm I was going for X Japan styled lyrics, the idea for these lyrics came from Art of Life, where the words don't flow that well either but the vocals are changed to fit the song.
Quote by PussCaterpillar

How can I trust
What is there to love
Speak to my heart slowly
Or I won't understand

this is decent, exept for the last line, the verse is going fine, but then with the" or i wont understand" makes it sound like it was cut short, so mabe you could change it to.."

"How can I trust
What is there to love
Speak to my heart slowly
Or I won't ever know"

that way it doesnt really sound cut off.that way if u were to sing it, you could drag out the "know" alot more than the word "understand". but yea i think u should continue to write more.its pretty good.crit mine

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513467