I know, i know this is the pit. But i thought maybe we could all have a quaint little talk on the book A Clockwork Orange by Anothy Burgess. I thought the book was really good. Probably my favorite book. It was well written too. The themes were very good and strong. Discuss

ive never read the book .. but i have seen the movie.. is there that big of a diference.. i could discuss the movie with you?
super good book and movie. and that's I have to say about that.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Movie was great. Book was miles better. I believe the movie ended at the second to last chapter because Kubrick thought the last chapter would be too shocking. Anyway though TS you really should use the search button.
Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT. One of my favorite books ever, Alex's voice is just so well developed. The movie was great, but I really loved the book. I wrote a paper on it a couple months ago and got a B. It was totally at least worth a B+ or an A-.

EDIT: American editions of the book did not have the twenty-first chapter until the late eighties. Kubrick hadn't yet read the British version when he wrote the screenplay, which is why it skips the proper ending.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
oh sorry bout that, i never seen the movie but i plan on it soon i heard about the last chapter incident

This book is definitely on my list to read. I've seen the movie and it's one of my all-time favourites for sure. I love Alex!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
i just saw the film over the weekend and it has to be one of my faves.

what was in the last chapter of the book that Kubrick left out?
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
i think it was about alex deciding on growing up basically, i finished the book awhile back so i don't quite remember. what do you guys think bands like The Addicts who are "dress up" from characters from the movie? i think it's pretty cool, but i hope they've read the book and understand it as a whole and not dress up just cause it looks "cool"

OMG SPOIL0RZZZ!!!!

Alex has a new gang of droogs, and they're bumming around the Korova milk bar. Alex ditches the droogs and goes out alone, eventually running into his ex-droog Georgie (I think it was Georgie, I know it wasn't Dim, and I don't remember the other one's name). Anyway, he's with a woman who turns out to be his wife, and that gets Alex thinking that he should stop the senseless destruction and work towards something constructive and start a family and all that. He doesn't feel any remorse for what he's done though, and says he wouldn't stop his son from doing the same because he thinks it's a necessary part of life.

/spoilers
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Doolittle
i think it was about alex deciding on growing up basically, i finished the book awhile back so i don't quite remember. what do you guys think bands like The Addicts who are "dress up" from characters from the movie? i think it's pretty cool, but i hope they've read the book and understand it as a whole and not dress up just cause it looks "cool"

didn't panic at the disco dress up like alex and his droogs in i write sins not tragedies?
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
Quote by f'n_wanker
didn't panic at the disco dress up like alex and his droogs in i write sins not tragedies?

uhhhhh......i have no idea. but i hope not.....

I found an original copy of the book in my attic a few years after seeing the movie.

If I had time, I would have read it again right after I finished.
It's definitely, in my opinion, the best book ever written.
Wade in the water, child.
Amazing book, amazing movie. 'Nuff said.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
probably my favorite book. Very good movie, too. Loves it. Loves it.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Ya, last I heard the movie is still banned in the UK because Kubrick was pissed at the UK. I'm sure the book is still allowed there though.

Book ftw