Damn you Ibanez.

Everyone was so hyped up about NAMM this year that we all failed to think about what Ibanez would be dropping in order to produce their new models. Now my would-be next guitar, the RGT220HSOL, is discontinued, and the only thing close to it is the RGT220A, which is still a nice guitar, but would sound considerably different, especially after I would've put a set of miracle man bk pups in it...

Just thought I'd whine about it and hopefully someone else's dreams were crushed as well in the process...
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
hmmmm.... you better buy before there gone. Me, I gave up on guitars since i could never get what i wanted so i just went and built my own
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by lespaulrocks39
Damn you Ibanez.

Everyone was so hyped up about NAMM this year that we all failed to think about what Ibanez would be dropping in order to produce their new models. Now my would-be next guitar, the RGT220HSOL, is discontinued, and the only thing close to it is the RGT220A, which is still a nice guitar, but would sound considerably different, especially after I would've put a set of miracle man bk pups in it...

Just thought I'd whine about it and hopefully someone else's dreams were crushed as well in the process...

*Dudage sits back and plays his RGT220H SOL*

*laughs*

EDIT: I'll post a pic later.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Last edited by Dudage at Jan 24, 2007,
Just contact the company and ask if you could buy one directly from them.
The worst thing that could happen is that they say no.

There it is, theres my sock too, Its a wool one I think, a Hilfiger.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by thetoastinator
Just because their discontinued doesnt mean you will never get one. Look on ebay, or even local guitar shops, because they may not have gotten rid of their inventory.

What he said, get last years model. How bad can it be?
Well I would think if they still had them, wouldn't they be higher in price considering how they are no longer made? And why would ibanez drop the mahogany model and keep the swamp ash? Phfft. Plus I won't have the money for one till around late July/early August, so you can see how I think I won't be able to get one by then. And I don't like ordering guitars off ebay. Pretty much would have to find it brand new in a store and be able to thoroughly test it before buying, so you can see how my options have been slimmed down quite a bit...
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.