Hey I'm gonna start playing in a rock band thats blues influenced (Zepp, Cream, Floyd, Doors, Queen, Hendrix, ect.) and i need a new amp because my peavey fried. I have done a lot of research about amps and listened to them (unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere, New Hampshire, so going to a guitar store and testing some isn't much of an option unless i wanna take a 2 hour drive) and I am trying to decide between the Vox AC30 Custom Classic with the Celestion Blue's, or the Carvin V3 halfstack. I know this sounds weird, but i want to have the tone so it sounds like its singing to you almost and you can feel it (think brian may, jimmy page, hendrix) . Thanks. oh ya, any other amp suggestions are welcome too...
\m/
VOX no doubt IMO
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
AC30, absolutely. You may want a boost of some sort - A treble booster and/or an overdrive complement AC30s very well.
Vox by far...blows the carvin out of the water
And as the walls come down, and as I look in your eyes
my fear begins to fade, recalling all of the times
I have died, and will die.
It's all right. I don't mind.
If you'd like to save a little money and get a better amp than either one, Carvin MTS. Better overall tones than the V3 (as said, distorsion channel is a bit fizzy) and more dependable and serviceable than the Chinese Vox (to reach some tubes you have to remove the chassis!)
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
...and more dependable and serviceable than the Chinese Vox (to reach some tubes you have to remove the chassis!)

Unlike, say, the Chinese Valvekings, the new MIC Vox's are getting rave reviews. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Definitely the amp of choice for the threadstarter. Although, for similar money, I'd look at buying the AC30 head and a separate cab rather than the upgraded combo.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Sure, between the two the Vox will have better tone. I gave him another option altogether that I thought was better than either.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
Sure, between the two the Vox will have better tone. I gave him another option altogether that I thought was better than either.

It's all good!

It's an opinion board. I'd want to hear a bunch of 'em before I headed out.

I really love that &^%$'ng Vox, that's all!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
For the bands you want, get a Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker used. Pretty much perfect for you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30