hey. I have an 84 usa strat with a maple neck, i love my tone, except for the thin sound i have. i was thinking about swapping on a rosewood fretboard neck or something. can you help me in this decision.
\m/
Maybe you should raise you pickups. Or get new ones. I don't know how much help a rosewood fretboard would do...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i play blues rock like zeppelin, cream, the doors, ect... i just want a thicker sound on my strat but dont know how to get it, i got SSS pickups too thx
\m/
Cool. Good bands. I was listening to Disraeli Gears yesterday.
So you wanna keep it SSS? Some Strats have humbuckers in the bridge. That'll definitely fatten up your tone. I like the sparkle of single coils, though. That sweet top end is something that humbuckers just don't have.

Here's a good SSS combo:
Neck - Seymour Duncan SSL-2 - Flat pole pieces, this'll give that glassy, bell-like tone that single coils are known for. Perfect for blue and blues-rock.
Middle - Seymour Duncan SSL-2 - ...
Bridge - Seymour Duncan SSL-6 Custom Flat - Higher output single coil. More sustain, cuts right through the mix. Cleans up once ya roll down the volume a bit.
Check out Texas Special or Tex-Mex pups. Thicker sound than standard Strat pickups.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.