The guitar riffs are really good in this song, the main riff is pretty simple but it's catchy enough to hold my attention and the solo at 1:18 is amazing, as well as the one at 3:30 nice tapping w/ the wammy bar, very neat technique; The only thing that I didn't like about this song, and this is really just a matter of preference, was the vocals; Something about them just seemed to deter from the song to me, I was hoping for a balanced screaming like Atreyu or Chasing Victory; The vocals fit the song though I suppose, they're good, just not my personal preference; Overall this was mixed pretty well, the guitar(s) sounded great, the vocals sounded pretty good, the drums were nothing amazing but they sounded good; To be honest though the guitar really makes this song; You guys have definitely got some talent there, I'm a little curious to see what else you've recorded so far...I've recently sort of been straying from metal and shredding and heading towards acoustic(both playing and listening), but songs like this always drag me back ^_^ Perhaps the only bit of criticism I can really think of is that you could nail your vibratos in the end solo a little better, make them wider; I think it'd sound way better; It sounds good the way it is now, that's just one of my suggestions to improve the song;

Michael

Crit me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510972
Hey there,
First off, that song is very well produced and sounds very professional.

Personally I'm not into screaming metal but I won't let that affect my crit. I just think the vocals need to be clearer.

The guitar was solid,gripping and.. well, straight up head-banging awsome. I really liked the rythm work.

The lead guitar had a 'Okay' solo, there needs to be a balance of shred and melody but it still sounded bloody solid.

The whole song went really well together but the only crit I had was clearing up the vocals. There really is nothing else to improve on.

Please check mine out?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509123

Thanks,
Royce Lee
Yeh thats pretty solid stuff man, I like to vocals man.. altough there is a unquie quality to them that some which might be why some dont like them so much..

Good to hear a decent growler 4 once! too many bands think that if they just scream its metal.. even a screamer needs to have vocal talent..

Few things.. decending riff at 00:30 sounded kinda weak.. maybe if the drums were better it would sound better tho... I felt the solo's would have sounded a lot better with a little less picking and more legato I recon it would flow a lot easier.. well done on the whammy bar! hardly any1 I know bothers with it but its real good that your including it!! .. always think about all the diffrent ways you can play a lick!!
i loved it.
i liked the vocals too.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Thanks for the kind words and constructive criticism guys, much appriciated!

Some of the rhythm parts are a bit sloppy (this was about the 4th time playing the entire song through and I was tired as hell) so I need to rerecord those parts sometime in the near future. The solos were just improvised on the spot there pretty much, I probably could have came up with better ones, but hey, I was pretty satisfied with how they turned out anyways.

Oh, and just for the record, we're all pretty young still, I'm 15 and the drummer/vocalist/bassist are 16, so there is still ample time for improvement.
I think bring up the volume a little on the vocals and maybe try to give the guitars a little more punch but overall not bad at all especially for this genre
My Gear:
Jackson Dinky Reverse
Jackson Randy Rhoades
Crate 4x12 with head (yeah I know really cheap:S)
Boss ME-50
Electrophonix Metal Muff
Daddy-O Overdrive
Quote by pulseofamartyr
I think bring up the volume a little on the vocals and maybe try to give the guitars a little more punch but overall not bad at all especially for this genre

Yeah, the guitar tone needs fixing, I wasn't happy with the mic positioning at all.

Quote by Tu Madre lolz!
What tuning is this on? Sounds VERY KICK ASS! Can you post up those lyrics? Great shit man.

Thanks! It's just regular old E standard, I'm a firm believer in not needing to tune down to be heavy.

I'll see if I can get the lyrics tomorrow.
Actually, I thought the vocals fit this song pretty well. But, like most metal vocalists, they are usually the least talented and easily replaceable in a band. (I still find it amazing that there is any genre of music, where you have to be as good at growling as you are at screaming, in order to be considered a good "singer.")

Good song and riffs. Kind of middle-of-the-road. Nothing really bad, but nothing really good.

Overall: 7.3 out of 10

Edit...

The fact that you guys are all 15 or 16 is surprising. Aww, Hell. That's worth at least another point in my book.

Overall: 8.5
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Jan 25, 2007,
Quote by electrik
Yeah, the guitar tone needs fixing, I wasn't happy with the mic positioning at all.

Thanks! It's just regular old E standard, I'm a firm believer in not needing to tune down to be heavy.

I'll see if I can get the lyrics tomorrow.

Awesome, thanks!
Not too crazy about your tone, sounds like a cube 60 lol..
double kicks needs to be turned up a tiny bit!! Solo tone was nice!! Riff was pretty nice!
I gonna be honest, it all seems clutterd, theirs something missing in this.... Something that would make make this kick ass!
But good job!
Quote by electrik
The solos were just improvised on the spot there pretty much

They sounded pretty well prepared and I liked the way they came out, they sounded really good;

Quote by electrik
Oh, and just for the record, we're all pretty young still, I'm 15 and the drummer/vocalist/bassist are 16, so there is still ample time for improvement.

Really? You guys are like my age, I'll be turning 16 this coming September; How long have you guys been in this band? How long have you(the guitarist) been playing?
Cool ideas, pretty solid structure. Tone was unique. Vocals didn't sound out of place. Bass tone was thick as **** lol, i really liked that. But something is missing for me, it didn't make me want to get up and bang my head for some reason. Of course i am only one guy and im sure some people out there were doin some . Just please dont think this track is finished, i think you should have 2-3 more drafts of this song before you say its the final copy.
Quote by architekt
Cool ideas, pretty solid structure. Tone was unique. Vocals didn't sound out of place. Bass tone was thick as **** lol, i really liked that. But something is missing for me, it didn't make me want to get up and bang my head for some reason. Of course i am only one guy and im sure some people out there were doin some . Just please dont think this track is finished, i think you should have 2-3 more drafts of this song before you say its the final copy.

Of course, it's very rough and theres a lot of parts I'm not happy with at all. Still need to polish it up and make it sound fuller. Thanks.