I've recently been going to alot of the local punk,hardcore,metalcore,etc. shows and I really like the feel of the shows. I mean tickets are usually no more than $10 and theres usuall 5 or 6 talented bands. The pits are better and just the overall feel of the show I think is better than big mainstream shows. Thoughts?
of course its way better dude.
mainstream sucks
and so does slipknot.

"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
Quote by vlp_dope
of course its way better dude.
mainstream sucks
and so does slipknot.

God damnit. Why does everyone hate slipknot?
Quote by metabolicmaggot

because they are all show. except for that joey jordison. he can play.
they suck because they arent metal. and neither is metalcore. sorry bro.
local shows are usually pretty sweet, specially if you have a good spot. My area sucks so it's pretty lame. My favorites are smaller touring bands that are guaranteed to have a good crowd, but it'll still have the feel of a local show(the bands are usually better) i saw the casualties and the unseen live once...that'd be the perfect example of a good midsized show
compared to Green Day which is just 6 people on a stage playin some songs. No feel/vibes what so ever
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
It's tough getting a good crowd when ur in a local band.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
small shows >>>>>> big shows

A ton of great small metal bands around here too.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by metabolicmaggot

Because they blow donkey dong.
Quote by nirvana4lf
because they are all show. except for that joey jordison. he can play.
they suck because they arent metal. and neither is metalcore. sorry bro.

I don't recall the thread starter saying they were metal.

As for the topic, I love going to local shows and supporting the bands.
It all depends really. Sometimes they are good because they try a lot harder on stage than what mainstream bands do. Also, most of the time their fans arn't expecting an amazing performance so they don't have high expectations. All this adds up to make them pretty fun to watch.

However bands like Trivium and Iron Maiden......well no name bands really don't have a chance against those sort of live acts.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Local shows are just places to be around a bunch of teenagers ninety percent of the time.

Every one I have ever been to with a good turnout had terrible metal bands, and a lot of the people there were douchbags, though some of them were cool.

Plus, a local show without a ton of people there is always weird, because everyone's too afriad to enjoy the music properly.

And, local bands that actually do small tours and have fanbases always seem to feel like rockstars and treat the audience like shit. This always ruins a show and almost always happens.

So in my opinion, big shows > local shows, just because at big shows the bands are always good, because that's what I came to see, but local shows often have shitty bands with huge egos.
recently went to local show here, 3 out of the 4 bands ROCKED!!!!!!!!!! the crowd sucked tho, it was pretty well, me and my mate, a bunch of older insane metal guys from one of the bands and a couple of other people up the front headbangin and shit but, it was an experience
-Gear-
Crappy Starter Ashton Guitar
Ashton Ga100212
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
ESP/LTD Viper-50

Quote by cool#9
you my friend, have reached a new level of awsomeness

Quote by sebastian_96

good work The_Shredder

Look at me. Mr.Praises in sig