theres a friend of mine who just got a bass guitar for christmas. she does have previous music experience but she had the nerve to say that she could learn any bass part perfectly in a week, so I made it my mission to find that hardest song possible, thats what I need help withm just some suggestions would be nice
Flight Of The Bumble bee

/thread
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
classical thump by victor wooten...or anything else by victor wooten for that matter
I remember watching some live video of Dream Theater on youtube and John Myung (that is the name of the bassist, right?) had this pretty fast tapping part. No idea what song it was though.
Some song by Rush. Geddy usually has complex, fast basslines. Like Tom Sawyer or YYZ or Freewill.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Some song by Rush. Geddy usually has complex, fast basslines. Like Tom Sawyer or YYZ or Freewill.

None of which are good examples or Geddy Lee's bass prowess (with regards to the recording anyway).
C'mon Girl or Right on Time by the red hot chili peppers. or get up and jump, behind the sun, coffee shop and a bunch of others by the rhcp. They would challenge her but wouldnt be impossible like vic wooten stuff. Unless you want something that she absolutely no way would be able to learn. But this way she cant say you cheated
Yeh, she's such a fool. Lets laugh at her arrogance/ignorance. That will prove who has the ultimate music knowledge and therefore be the best at things.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
flight of the bumble bee is damn near impossible for a beginner no matter how much they think they know, i've been playing bass for 2 years and i'm a fifth grade (by australian music standards)

it's like Semi-quavers at 180, personally it scares me mind you, i haven't really looked at it properly

(for those who don't understand that 16th notes = semi-quavers oh and 7th grade music is Uni standard )
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by hammondrckr
theres a friend of mine who just got a bass guitar for christmas. she does have previous music experience but she had the nerve to say that she could learn any bass part perfectly in a week, so I made it my mission to find that hardest song possible, thats what I need help withm just some suggestions would be nice

Hahahahahahahaha
Recommend her some Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, and she'll learn more about the instrument.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
all of day of the baphomets would certainly shut her up, or la villa strangiato. alternatively, buttsecks would shut her up faster.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Quote by vantage4
classical thump by victor wooten...or anything else by victor wooten for that matter

Wooten or Jaco. Jaco's more about being good, Wooten's more about being an arrogant prick, but either way, she's no way she could play either.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Take adventage of the situation, as in:

"You know what, if you cant learn that part in a week we're gonna kiss\make out\have sex (dpending on your age and how close you are).

And as a suggestion, Portrait Of Tracy by Jaco Pastorious
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Some suggestions that are difficult for a beginner but not stupid virtuoso stuff

Pink Floyd - Money
Muse - Hysteria
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Anthrax - Got The Time
Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Around the World
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Money isnt that hard (Took me less then a week after i've started)
Around the world isnt that hard too.

And the others are just metal.

And if you want something that isnt virtuoso you can always try Heart Of The Sunrise by Yes

Ben Hamelech
Stuff from the first 4 RHCP albums ?
OR Primus or something maybe?
Tell her to try portrait of tracy by jaco. It's not that hard but i bet anything she cant play it perfect.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
Tell her to try portrait of tracy by jaco. It's not that hard but i bet anything she cant play it perfect.

..It is very hard

And dont say you can play it perfectly, because unless you got a video of you playing it, no one will believe you.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal
..It is very hard

And dont say you can play it perfectly, because unless you got a video of you playing it, no one will believe you.

No i cant play it perfectly, i found it quite easy to get a hang of the notes and everything but i can't play it anywhere near perfect.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by BassistGal
Money isnt that hard (Took me less then a week after i've started)
Around the world isnt that hard too.

And the others are just metal.

And if you want something that isnt virtuoso you can always try Heart Of The Sunrise by Yes

Money has a very stange time signiture which a beginner may find hard to follow.
Around the world has lots of string skips and some big stretches (I'm assuming she'll have small hands making these more difficult)

To say the rest are just metal is stupid! When you can play MOP all the way through (properly) at full speed, then you can say it's just metal.
Oh, and as someone else has already pointed out; Muse aren't metal!
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
no-one has said anathesia-(pulling teeth), cliff burtons 4 minute bass solo off metallicas 1st album. its kinda hard coz u need distortion and wah and it has loads of harmonics and stuff
Quote by BassistGal
..It is very hard

It's not even fundamentally hard to play PERFECTLY, the problem is that Jaco just improvised it whenever he played and it was never the same twice. You're only Jaco-good when you can just make that stuff up as you go.

It's still hard enough to break someone that thinks they can learn bass in a week, though.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"