Any other fans of his books. I love every one I have read so far. I've finished Fight Club, Survivor, Invisible Monster, and Choke. I'm sure more of you have seen the Fight Club movie thant have read the book. I didn't even really like reading until I started reading his stuff and now I can't stop.
Discuss.
www.ChuckPalahniuk.net
Last edited by waldorphPRS41 at Jan 24, 2007,
i like his books.

his style gets a bit old after reading a few of them, but i still enjoy his work.
I thought Fight Club was pretty good. However, it came off as really homo-erotic... Did some researching, and apparently ol' Chuck revealed he was gay a little while after the book release. Go figure.
Member #3 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club.
Quote by Fargalas
I thought Fight Club was pretty good. However, it came off as really homo-erotic... Did some researching, and apparently ol' Chuck revealed he was gay a little while after the book release. Go figure.

I did not know that. I looked it up to and apparently he is. Ohh well.
i read fight club and i'm in the middle of choke...

i <3 chuck palahniuk.

I CAN TOTALLY EXPLAIN THAT... I HAD... uh... UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PORCUPINE
I couldn't get through Invisible Monsters, but Choke was brilliant.
Hi, I'm Peter
I read Haunted, thought it was a bunch of lame, nihilist-ass rantings. It had it's moments, and I can see why Chuck is so well-liked, but I'm not a fan.
Wade in the water, child.
I recommend Lullaby. I thought it was great. Currently reading choke and I thought Survivor was pretty good.
Quote by Dirk Gently
I couldn't get through Invisible Monsters, but Choke was brilliant.

I've had Invisible Monsters sitting there, half-read for ages now. It was just tough to get into.

His other stuff is alright though. There's certainly better out there, but every once in a while I find a book of his to read. I bought Diary a while back at a used book store and hope to read that next.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

^ I agree. I don't find him a "must read" author, as opposed to people like Guy Gavriel Kay or George R. R. Martin where I go out and find everything they've written because they're brilliant.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ive read all of them exept lullaby. It was just too dragged out for me.
But yeah it takes a slightly askewed view of reality to appreciate his writing.
Duct tape. I need it for... taping something.
i've read fight club. it was ok, not my favourite book ever, but it killed a couple of hours nicely.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I've only read Choke and found it a bit confusing and vague in a lot of parts, and only finished it to find what happened at the end - funny in some parts, but I found myself just going 'What the fuck is he on about?' with all the multiple plots at every chapter.

I like his writing - but I wouldn't read Choke again.
Choke's my favourite, then Fight Club. The others are ok, with Diary taking this new direction that was a little boring.

Haunted was cool but not brilliant.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I liked the movie Fight Club, so I've been meaning to read the book...Apparently this "Choke" is good, so I'll remember that.

And I read "Guts"...It was good in its own way I guess..
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I finished fight club yesterday, and I thought it was good... explained things a little better than the movie.

I never really have the patience to read books nowdays.
Quote by Instrumetal
I liked the movie Fight Club, so I've been meaning to read the book...Apparently this "Choke" is good, so I'll remember that.

And I read "Guts"...It was good in its own way I guess..

Choke is his best, IMO. Very creative. The book Fight Club is different enough from the movie that it's an interesting read.
Hi, I'm Peter
I used to be absolutely obsessed with him, my favorite book was invisible monsters. Ive since moved on to other authors, but hes still a great writer.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Quote by AWA
I read Haunted, thought it was a bunch of lame, nihilist-ass rantings. It had it's moments, and I can see why Chuck is so well-liked, but I'm not a fan.

Haunted is probably his worst, or at least near the bottom of his books.

if its the only work of his that youve read, i suggest trying Survivor or Fight Club.
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ I agree. I don't find him a "must read" author, as opposed to people like Guy Gavriel Kay or George R. R. Martin where I go out and find everything they've written because they're brilliant.

Dirk, you hear about the new HBO series they are making based off of Martin's work? This sounds super badass.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1&p=0
He's quite good. I like "Choke" and "Fight Club" but I don't like much of his other work. I prefer Bret Easton Ellis overall.
#20 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES. PM hardrock1315 to join.
Quote by mydadisjewish
Dirk, you hear about the new HBO series they are making based off of Martin's work? This sounds super badass.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957532.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1&p=0

Yeah, I did hear about that. That has the potential to be exceptional, as long as they do a good job casting it. Tyrion Lannister is going to be a bit difficult, IMO, as is Brienne of Tarth.
Hi, I'm Peter
I love his stuff... i have only read survivor and fight clup but i like the style of his writing...it makes ya think in a different way while reading the books
"What does it take to get a drink in this place?"
Quote by capsfan17
I used to be absolutely obsessed with him, my favorite book was invisible monsters. Ive since moved on to other authors, but hes still a great writer.

Yeah I dug Invisible Monster. Supposedly Jessica Beil signed on to play the main woman from the book, and the brother(you know what I mean if you have read it.) Survivor was about to be made a movie then Sept. 11 happened and it was postponed but Fox signed back on again in 2004 to do it. Choke has been sold to be a movie from the same team that made Requim For A Dream but it's all up in the air. Diary has been sold and is rumored to become a mini-series on HBO. I wish any of them would be made into movies/tv shows.
I'm currently reading Fight Club. I'm almost done. Its pretty different from the movie though which is good. I'm going to check out Choke.
I've read Fight Club, Choke, and Survivior. Survivor's my favorite, I probably reread it about 10 times in a month. That sure is a lot. Fertility Hollis is the hottest book character since Mattie from Ethan Frome. I wanna read Invisible Monsters as soon as I get the money

Yeah Chuck's the man
I like Choke the best. If youve read one of his books though, you know what kind of style to expect in all of them.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I'm yet to read Survivor or his most recent, but I've enjoyed every other book immensely.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
lullaby. period. well, and survivor and fight club and choke.

EDIT:
and saint gut free's story
Quote by esther_mouse
...bingo. signaturisation. like burnination, only even more flamey.

Worth listening to
See both Fight Club and Read the Book, read the short story guts and made it 1/4 way through Survivor before I quit reading it, might start reading it again though, all depends.
I love Fight Club (the movie) so I've been wanting to read it for a while, and I've read Guts. Guts is really messed up but good.
Quote by XtremeSkater69
"AW YEA BITCH BAWLS IN DA ASS" while his homies in the background are like, "YEA ANTOINE FREAK DAT BITCH!!!!!"

I wanna be Jackie Onassis
I wanna wear a pair of dark sunglasses
I wanna be Jackie oh oh OH OH PLEASE DON'T DIE
Survivor was great, I heard Fight Club was amazing. Choke and Diary were a little lame though, kind of boring and just plain confusing.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I think Lullaby and Choke have been my favorites. Diary is the worst of his that I've read.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
"Guts" is one of the most disgusting, ****ed up stories I've ever read. And I read The Pit. A lot.

That being said, it was pretty good. I haven't read anything else of his, however. And I may in the future, but I'm not in any rush.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)