Page 1 of 3
ive seen countless people tattoo band names, logos, art work and what not on Myspace, real life, band DVDs, myspace and myspace....

I think its cool for big bands, Dime, Chuck or whatever, but I saw a person with a huge "All Shall Perish" tattoo on his chest and another dude with a huge "The Black Dahlia Murder
" tattoo straight up on their chest/stomach, just me, or is that ****ed up???
The thing about tatoos is that you shouldn't get one unless you put alot of thought into it or else you will regret it. I wouldn't really get a band tatoo that big though. I am planning getting the Emperor logo tat on my left shoulder though. I've thought about it for about 1 year. Havn't changed my mind yet.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
I probably wouldn't get a band tattoo because my tastes would probably change. I'd just get a cool picture or pattern.
Quote by Skwisgaar Skwigelf
Fish don't gots no good metal to listens to.
20 years down the road you might change your mind and get pissed at yourself. You don't want to regret a tattoo job obviously. 60 years down the road though, when that tattoo starts to sag on your ass, then it's not so cool. So my stance is no tattoo or a small tatto that's truly symbolic/meaningful. I hate the look of guys like Travis Barker, sorry I don't have a specific example for metal.
I've found Jesus
I think it's fine to get tatooed up if it won't effect yourself at all (getting a job or something) First Impressions are important. Thats why I am getting one on my shoulder, and hopefully I won't be taking my shirt off at age 60 I do want to get a tatoo of a mustache on my finger so I can put it up to my lip and ponder life.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

they'll regret it at some point, like when everyone realised trivium is gay. I have a hard time thinking of anything worth tattoo'ing
yeah like in the a7x clip of unholy confessions, i thought the deathbat was the coolest icon ever and was thinkin of gettin that tatooed somewhere, except that they changed so quickly into a mainstream band with poor music so im glad i didnt get it
Okay let me rephrase. I'm getting the Emperor tatoo'ed because they are done. I love all their CD's and have since I was about 9 (no joke) I think tatoos should mark certain points in your life and should be able to tell a story or what your certain mindset was at teh time.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by morbid_death
I have a Morbid Angel tattoo. 5 years on and no regrets.

pics?
I've found Jesus
If I would have done that 5 years ago (I'm 18 so we're talking 13 years old here), I would probably have a Creed logo or a Disturbed logo.
That is why I would be extremely hesitant to get anything tattooed of what I listen to now.
i saw a dude with a divine intervention tattoo on his back... can't say i would go for the band tat though
Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Yeah I think it can be a cool thing to do IF you really think it through and are certain that you are getting the tattoo for the right reason/will remain significant.

Also a thing to consider would be to get an album cover/picture that refers to the band (or at least to you it does) but also looks good without knowing the band/ recognizing the significance, that way you can explain it to people and it won't be so blunt in nature.
Idk, you decide for yourself. You shouldn't care what we think.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
I might get a tatoo of this sometime:

(Invalid img)
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I think getting a tattoo of a band logo is not a good idea... Mostly because they might break up or you lose interest in their music.... Or you might lose interest in that genre completely.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by unfathomable_bo
I wouldn't go for a band tattoo, it looks a bit naff.

...and Captainofsmug, Emperor are NOT over, there is every chance that they will release a metalcore album

Well if they do I"ll die anyways so it all works out
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

I think it might be better to get a bands symbol instead of the name. Then, even if the band starts to suck ass, youll still have a nice symbol that you can just say is something else.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
If youve been a HUGE fan of the band for years, then maybe tatooing yourself with a band would be safe.

You know what would own? Regurgitate's Carnivorous Erection cover tatooed on someones back. Either that or the Manowar anthology.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
I'm probably going to get a brand after next summer when the swimming season is over. It will most definatley NOT be of a metal band logo. I'm either going to get the symbol that is my avatar or tell the dude to make it look like i got attacked by an animal. LOL
Quote by rg_metal
I think getting a tattoo of a band logo is not a good idea... Mostly because they might break up

Most of the bands I'd even consider getting tattoos about have been broken up for 15 - 30 years. Of course they'd not be names, just logos like the Black Flag bars or the Misfits skull/reaper thing, or something like the Where Dead Angel Lie EP cover or the cover to Killers (even though both those bands are either recently finished or still going).
Depends, I would'nt take anything with the name of the band, rather some stylish logo
like the 'O' of Opeth, the 'jesterhead' of In Flames or the pumpkin of Helloween
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

The thing about band tattoos is there's never a guarantee of what will happen with the band, or you. You might stop liking them at some point, and probably will. If you're still into Emperor when you're sixty-eight, good on you. But you likely won't be. Also, what if the band takes a total stylistic change? What if Emperor did release a metalcore album, achieve mainstream appeal across Europe and North America, and all of a sudden every teenager in stovepipe jeans and skate shoes with a crappy haircut loves them? I'd feel pretty stupid.
no
Quote by bucky_2300
The thing about band tattoos is there's never a guarantee of what will happen with the band, or you. You might stop liking them at some point, and probably will. If you're still into Emperor when you're sixty-eight, good on you. But you likely won't be. Also, what if the band takes a total stylistic change? What if Emperor did release a metalcore album, achieve mainstream appeal across Europe and North America, and all of a sudden every teenager in stovepipe jeans and skate shoes with a crappy haircut loves them? I'd feel pretty stupid.

Why? Does you opinion of a band change based on how popular they are?

Thats pretty low
Quote by bucky_2300

Why wouldn't you like them when you're 68? Who cares if they change for that reason either? "oh noes, They'll think I'm an emo with my Mutiilation shirt, leather jacket & long hair all because of my Emperor tattoo."
I think you should do a tatoo of something that is really meaningful to you. If a certain band is very meaningful to you, then go ahead. Personally, I prefer cool symbols. Thinking about getting a tatoo of the Thelema symbol thingy.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
You're body, go mess it up with some band you love now. Just stop and think for a second, five, ten years ago *depending on age* what bands did you like? Still like them? Would you REALLY want that KoRn tatoo you wanted on your back?

I don't think you should unless you're an adult and not just a kid doing it to try to be cool.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by morbid_death
I have a Morbid Angel tattoo. 5 years on and no regrets.

Me too, I got the Aniblas on my back recently
Quote by GiantRaven
Why? Does you opinion of a band change based on how popular they are?

Thats pretty low

It doesn't matter. If that happens, you're screwed - you now have a tattoo of a band you have ill feelings toward, so what do you do, keep it out of guilt, or burn yourself with cigarettes and stovetops until it looks more appealling?
Page 1 of 3