i'm having trouble getting a good delay sound to work on the distortion channel of my amp. going through the clean the dd-20 sounds great but i'm trying to get it to work on the other channel. Not looking for any crazy delay, just something to beef up the tone for solo's, mostly in the metal genre. anyone have some settings they can recommend?

thanks
-bill

Prs SE Custom
Hughes & Kettner Vortex head 100w
4x12 H & K cab w/ celestian rock drivers
boss ns-2
boss dd-20
maxon od-9
Are you running it in the effects loop? If not, that may be why it doesnt sound too good on the distortion channel. I personaly hate going delay->distortion
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
try a long delay (~500 ms) with only 1 repeat and faint volume. Adjust the tone for preference.
^^ agree, I'll usually go with 550ms.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
thanks for the replies i'll be doing some experimenting tomorrow... what would you recommend for the type of delay. dunno if you familiar with the dd-20 but there are many options, smooth, analog, standard, twist , warp, tape, pan, modulate, and reverse. i would guess either analog, standard, tape, or smooth but i'm new to working with delay unit so i'm open to any suggestions.

anyone else using the dd20 have some presets they can recommend.
for subtle accents to lead stuff, smooth (w/ reverb), analog, and standard would probably be your best bet. You might want to roll back the tone a bit on the delay so it falls more into the background.
You can get another good (much prefered, in my opinion) effect by setting the time to 500-800ms while turning up the number of repeats as well as the level at which they are repeated. You can get some cool sounding stuff with that. However, if youre the type that into more subtle effects, just forget what I said >_>
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by chirch
thanks for the replies i'll be doing some experimenting tomorrow... what would you recommend for the type of delay. dunno if you familiar with the dd-20 but there are many options, smooth, analog, standard, twist , warp, tape, pan, modulate, and reverse. i would guess either analog, standard, tape, or smooth but i'm new to working with delay unit so i'm open to any suggestions.

anyone else using the dd20 have some presets they can recommend.

Did you read post number two? That's your answer right there.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
k thanks guys, guess its time to learn how to properly set up an effect loop