I'm in the market for a new guitar. I've decided I want a les paul. I've also decided that I can't justify paying like $2000 for a guitar that's just going to get all beat the hell up anyway. So my question is can anyone tell me what the difference is between the les paul standard and the custom other than aesthetics?

thanks
Buy a standard, put Burstbuckers in it. Easy solution to your Gibson cravings.
I got another question : my friend says the epi les pauls are pretty delicate and ive wanted one myself, is it true that they are pretty delicate?
Quote by AceMaceSpace
I got another question : my friend says the epi les pauls are pretty delicate and ive wanted one myself, is it true that they are pretty delicate?

never heard of that, but i suposse it's not as well constructed as a gibson
I love epiphone les pauls, I had to choose between the custom and a hellraiser but i chose the hellraiser, i already have a low end epi lp
I was leaning toward the standard just because I'm not sure I like the gold hardware. Are there any differences in the two though?
The wiring, pick-ups, and such. They're reliable though, they're not as delicate as your friend might say. If you're going for an Epi LP, check out the standard plus, or the custom. The standard is awesome also, but not as good IMO as the std. plus, or custom.
Go for the standard. I think the Customs are uglier and they sound about the same. Just install new pickups and it will sound pretty close to a Gibson.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
look into elitist series les pauls... they are literally better than gibsons.. they are just made in japan.. upgrade the pick ups and itll be the best thing uve done.. however.. look to spend 900+ on it.. but worth it... many guys at local guitar shops love the elitist series.. with the real gibson.. u are just paying for the name... and american made...

love
Quote by AceMaceSpace

who said that epi's are delicate?
depends on if you have a knock off or not kyle
what type of epi r u thinking of getting?
Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?