Page 1 of 2
Pls give your opinions..anything about peavey(good OR bad) be it amps,guitars,speakers,sound reinforcements.ect..the reason for this is that i just want to have a clear information of what peavey is abroad..tnx for you time
they make pretty good PA speakers, some of their more expensive amps (XXX, 5150/6505, JSX) are really good, but a lot of their cheaper stuff blows. havent had much experience with their guitars so i cant comment on that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Peavey makes some of the best metal amps..
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

I have the Valveking 112 and its a great amp
Fender Standard Stratocaster w/ Hot Noiseless Pickups
G&L Asat Special Semi Hollow
Alvarez Artist AD80SSB Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 112
Roland Micro Cube
Nobel ODR-1 Pedal
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss CH-2
Boss FZ-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah
where did you hear the peavy's were bad?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
I love Peavey. The only thing that sucks about them is the guitars with Peavey LFRs. Man, they're terrible.
Peavy has always been a respected name in guitar amplification, as far as I've heard. Eddie Van Halen helped make the company even more famous by playing through Peavy amps; Van Halen even named one of thier albums (5150) after a model of Peavy amp.

I know very little about their guitars - actually, the only one I know of is the Peavy Rotor. It looks like a good guitar, but it is meant to be a copy of a Gibson Explorer. I wouldn't get it just because I would rather have not only the cool shape of the guitar, but the guitar that others copy :P
I love my amp...
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
What the hell made you think that Peavey sucks?Take a dildo and stick it in your ass.

Try the 5150,it really rocks!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I have used one peavey amp for the past couple of years... I think they are the best amps out there.... especially for metal... Peavey guitars are really nice also... In my experience I would say that you won't go wrong with a good peavey amp or guitar

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
I have a Peavey Classic 30 and it sounds great. As far as I know, Peavey has a solid reputation in the amplifier realm. I don't know anything about their guitars because I've never played one.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
My first amp was a hand me down peavey rage 30 and what can i Say!

THE SOUND WAS DREADFUL!

The clean had no life or tone to it and the distortion on max sounded like my boss Ds-1 with its tone set to 1. Horrid amp, caused me so much pain
2 things I live for: Sex and Guitar
Quote by Broken-pick
What the hell made you think that Peavey sucks?Take a dildo and stick it in your ass.

Dude. shut the hell up. Youre retarded.

PeavEy - with an E - makes quality stuff all round, IMO. Awesome bass cabs (I got a 2x15" cab from like the 70's and that thing still pwns). Awesome guitars, the high end ones. And awesome tube amps.
They're good. Some people report reliability problems with the VKs, but personally I tried some and they seemed well built. I don't own one though so I can't really comment. My Classic 30 is great though.

As for those saying the little small SS amps suck, well, all small SS amps suck for the most part! Their mid-higher range stuff is good!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by powerhalf
Peavy has always been a respected name in guitar amplification, as far as I've heard. Eddie Van Halen helped make the company even more famous by playing through Peavy amps; Van Halen even named one of thier albums (5150) after a model of Peavy amp.

Oy. That album came out long before the amp ever existed. EVH named his recording studio 5150 after the L.A. police code for the criminally insane.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by Broken-pick

Try the 5150,it really rocks!

no i meant that: no peavey amps dont suck, their good, except maybe the back stage series.

missunderstanding, sorry
Their cheaper guitars are mediocre. like squires. the small microbass amps are alright, and some of their basses can be nice. not incredibly fond of them though.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
They're good. Some people report reliability problems with the VKs, but personally I tried some and they seemed well built. I don't own one though so I can't really comment. My Classic 30 is great though.

As for those saying the little small SS amps suck, well, all small SS amps suck for the most part! Their mid-higher range stuff is good!

yeah. depends where you are, obviously, they're a bit dearer in the UK. But in the US, they're pretty good value.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by biotech_godzila
missunderstanding, sorry

Dont apologize to that asshole man. lol
i know people will argue about the newer and cheaper stuff, but the PAs and cabinets and stuff last forever. Peavey make realy solid, well built products, and I have yet for a peavey to break down on me(well had a valveking that needed retubing, but these things happen). For live work I want a Peavey PA behind me.
Oh! I didn't know that the album came first. Thanks for that bit of info
Not a big fan of Peavey. Their solid state stuff (transtube) is awful, their cheap tube stuff (VK series, XXX) isn't anything to write home about, and the Classic series is a ripoff of Fender's tweed amps. Never tried their more expensive stuff because I've never had any interest.
Hi, I'm Peter
Here's my basic opinion:
XXX, JSX, 5150, 6505, and Windsor = really nice amps.

Rage, Bandit, XL, XXL, Valveking, and any other transtube one (I know the VK isn't transtube)= suck.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Peavey make a good product at a good price. 6505 = pwnage
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I like Peavey amps. I'm considering a Windsor, but I do have to try it first =/
Sent from my iPad.
I've played though the XXX and a JSX and they're awesome!
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
I played an XXX yesterday. I jizzed in my pants.

Amazing amp. I'm saving for one.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
I own a JSX and it is an amazing amp, incredibly versitile, the tone is nothing short of amazing, very durable and long lasting. Peavey makes really good quality high-end tube amps, they should be of serious consideration for any gigging musician no matter tha genre.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
i own a JSX yay me

and it rocks, does the job well, but i may be trading it for an ENGL, not sure yet
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Good amps for the price (in America ). They have something for pretty much everyone in every price range. The Classic series is good for classic rock and blues, although i do prefer fender tube amps, and they make some nice tube amps for you metal heads, too. They also have the Valveking series, which are decent budget tube amps. Their smaller SS amps suck, but my 2nd amp ever was a big Peavey Renown 400 SS from the 80s. It was good for a solid state, and it got the job done for me for quite some time.

I can't comment on the guitars, but the PA systems that i've had experience with all seemed to be well-built and sounded good.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Bandit 112 is a great amp! havent tried any of there other stuff but when i need something more powerful than 80 watts im heading straight to peavey
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Dude. shut the hell up. Youre retarded.

PeavEy - with an E - makes quality stuff all round, IMO. Awesome bass cabs (I got a 2x15" cab from like the 70's and that thing still pwns). Awesome guitars, the high end ones. And awesome tube amps.

Dude, you have the Marshall JCM900 dual reverb! How is it? I saw a 2x12 used at this shop for $850 CDN. Good deal? Can it do metal well? Any sound clips?

Sorry for highjacking.

On topic, Peavey's are good. I've played the 6505 and xxx and they were awesome.

Their guitars, I don't know. My friend owns a peavey raptor(the cheapy one) and I'd say it sucks, but so do all guitars i that price range.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Peavey makes good higher end tubes. They have a very good reputation for amazing customer service and reliability. The further away you get from guitar amplification the worse their products get really.
my transtube peavey is great. i mean, it's not a tube, but it's really the best sound you can expect out of solid states. plus, it was made in 1997, gone through a number of people, and still sounds brand new with no glitches.
I like all of the peavey stuff.

i have a cab with Black Widows, a Peavey Falcon wit a Kahler trem, a 30 watt Peavey practice amp, and a 100Watt peavey century head. it is all great. and was cheap, too.

Their tube amps are supergood, i like them a lot. even their solid state kicks ass. and that falcon is the best guitar i ever saw under $101. better than some strats.

american made: tastes like homemade.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Page 1 of 2