I am about to buy a strat. I have been looking at the new american strats with the s1 pickup switching.. is that the best way to go.. or am i better off going with a less expensive strat and putting better pick ups in... I want a fat strat for sure.. i just feel like i do not need the s1 switching.. im in a ska band.. i just want the neck pick up for upstrokes.. and the humbucker on the bridge for distortion... id rather spend more money on a strat with a really nice neck.. even if i have to upgrade the pick ups.. the new american strats are around 1200.. so thats what im looking to spend..

is it worth looking at older strats...i just dont know how i feel about getting a used higher end guitar.. because i feel like this is something ill have possibly for life... so i want it to be nice and worn in by me... however... if older strats are really that much better.. then i think i can deal
Ok man... heres what u need... you need to go pick up an American Strat... Highway One if u can... pop a Seymour Duncan Hotrail in the bridge pickup spot... and rock that shit... Use the neck for your skankin needs... and rest assured that the Hotrail will do you justice when u need to rock the eff out.
I've been using my baby for 3 years now, and i love her to death.
Well go and play a few strats and see what neck you like best. Strats get better and better so dont let age fool you, 70's are comonly known as a low and then in the 80's well thats pretty much what we have now. I think the Nitro finish sounds better than the polyurethane though.
I just got a 70's reissue neck and i'm pretty happy with that one however the frets are tiny (but then I will kill it and scallop it) I quite like the highway one necks with the large fret too.
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
I think my next guitar is going to be one of the higher-end versions of Fender's "Fat" or "HSS" strats. I use me bridge pickup only for distorted rhythms about 95% of the time as it is. It sounds like a versatile combonation.
so the highway one strats run for 749 and the america series strats are atleast 1000... are the american series strats really worth the extra money? also fat strat vs hot rail
Don't worry about the bridge pickup too much, the neck pickup will sound best anyway for nearly everything.
Quote by TylerCasket
so the highway one strats run for 749 and the america series strats are atleast 1000... are the american series strats really worth the extra money? also fat strat vs hot rail

Try them out. The neck on the MIA standard is nicer according to Fender, but there is no reason to listen to them.
i got a seymour duncan sh-4 in the bridge, i got a new scratchplate put on it and it now sounds eargasmic
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid