I didn´t believed my ears and eyes when I saw this video, goodbye Les Paul vs Strat threads, now there is a no contest win by the Strat.

Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslpbFeLF8s
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
uh theres a les paul that does the same thing dude. and this isnt really that impressive considering that line 6 has had one out like this for years.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
wow, this is like the hundredth thread on this mediocher product
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
the tuning is weird, its digital tuning right? so if you played it unplugged, itll sound like standard, but when it goes through the amp, itll play and sound to the different tuning..thats ****in weird

anyway, for me, ill play a tele when i want to play a tele, and ill play a les paul when i want a les paul,

sounds like a great tool for recording/demoing. I beat my guitars up when i play, sooo i really wouldnt want digital guitar messing up on me...its probably pricey too,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
The sound that you get from it is authenthic, if you arent tone deaf you can hear that it really is an amazing instrument, it doesnt sound digital.
What I am trying to say is that the sound really is amazing, I have not tried the variax or the les paul (I didnt know that it existed), but really just hear it its great.
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
uh theres a les paul that does the same thing dude. and this isnt really that impressive considering that line 6 has had one out like this for years.

I knew about the line 6, but can you provide a link to the LP?
Dickless.
I'm pretty sure the les paul just has a digital output, it doesn't have the nifty tuning thing like the fender.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
One thing I don't get...if you can digitally change tuning, wouldn't the magnetic pickups still pick up the standard tuning? they can't take each string individually like the pickups in the bridge...

And the digital les paul I think was only meant for easy linking of a guitar to digital devices. Whereas this is an actual digital musical instrument.
Its amazing how line 6 have been doing that for the past 4-5 years and I never see anythreads "Diz i5 TeH PwNage!!1111" and then Fender realease the same thing basically and its the new trend, sorta lame how much name is important in everything..
Quote by False_God
Its amazing how line 6 have been doing that for the past 4-5 years and I never see anythreads "Diz i5 TeH PwNage!!1111" and then Fender realease the same thing basically and its the new trend, sorta lame how much name is important in everything..

True.

But the Variax was the first one. It wasn't cool. People thought it was wierd and ugly without pickups. And when the Gibson Digital came out, no-one even noticed, and Gibson are as popular as Fender, if not, even more.
Quote by sashki
True.

But the Variax was the first one. It wasn't cool. People thought it was wierd and ugly without pickups. And when the Gibson Digital came out, no-one even noticed, and Gibson are as popular as Fender, if not, even more.

But as I just said, the Gibson seems to merely have midi output (I think), and I don't know much about this fender, except that it sends out a digital signal (I think) and has this tuning thing.

If fender figured out a way to change the pitch of a note electronically, without sacrificing any tone, then that could be pretty cool. The gibson and Variax don't do that (again, I think)
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I think the only reason people are calling this lame is because they're afraid of the new technology. Yeah, I'm big on tradition and the classic strat, but like said in the video this is a classic strat with more than a modern touch. And maybe Line 6 has been doing this for a while but I personally hate the feel of those. I played one where the neck and frets were so bad that when I picked it up the high e string was off the fretboard, stuck under the edge of a fret that protruding over the fretboard.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
I think if you can bypass the midi then it mite be worth getting, other than that I wouldnt buy it, well I dont plan on buying anyway..
Whatever, we don't care. The Variax has been out forever, Gibson's had one for at least two years, WE DON'T CARE.
Yeah, it's got good sounds, but it's not got a whole lot of new sounds, y'know? Strat, Tele, humbuckers, acoustic sounds... We've heard all that. It does it well, and if you can only afford one guitar you'll grab that one, but the pros won't be interested 'coz they can do what they like with their money, and if they don't have pro-musician back-up, they might find it doesn't take off like they want it to.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
if it was actually cheaper than a standard american strat it defently would be worth getting.

if you took the electronics out and put it into a shyte guitar would it sound like that?
Quote by Satch_Boogie
Very meh. I hate the amount of knobs on that thing, looks ugly.

There's only 4 knobs? How can one extra knob make that much of a cosmetic difference?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
i think its awesome, i've played a variaz a couple times, and it wasnt as good as that thing. i think it'd be worth getting if i only liked the way strats played.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
why would so many people post a thread on a lame ass guitar...this is the 4th ive seen...
I really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't like Fender guitars. Especially digital gimmicky ones.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
I like the idea of having a Strat that can sound like a Tele, but A Tele that could sound lie a Strat would be just as nice.
same thing as Variax and Gibson. Nothing new.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Repackaging of a severely chopped down VG-8 and GK-2A pickup in a Strat.

+
+
=

Roland VG-8 V-Guitar System

January 1, 1995

The VG-8 is not just another "guitar synthesizer." It's not an "effect," though the applications do include effects. The technology utilized in the VG-8 is called Composite Object Sound Modeling or "COSM." Using COSM, the VG-8 has two distinctive modes: Variable Guitar Modeling (VGM) and Harmonic Restructure Modeling (HRM).

In VGM mode, the VG-8 utilizes models of different pickup types and configurations, amplifier types, speaker configurations, mic types, mic placements and guitar body types. The VG-8 has the ability to "virtually" put the pickup anywhere on the guitar, even on the actual neck. In HRM mode, the VG-8 takes the actual guitar waveform and restructures the harmonic content in realtime, thus producing entirely new sounds.

The VG-8 can be controlled with any guitar using a Roland GK-2A divided pickup. The signal is then processed and manipulated into a completely new sound. The post-processing audio signal (output) is completely different from the original waveform, yet it retains all the expressiveness and subtle player nuances, which are inherent to the guitar and its player.

The VG-8 offers a collection of sonic options. The VG-8 can produce the sound of any number of popular pickups and configurations including humbuckers, single coils, piezo and any conceivable combinations. It even delivers the tonal characteristics associated with certain guitar models, body weights and wood resonance, including acoustic guitars. Revered sounds, like the heavy crunch of a humbucking rock guitar or the smooth warmth of a vintage single coil guitar are easily accomplished with the VG-8.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/Newp/1995/VG-8.html

Standard Roland Ready Strat®

January 29, 1998

For those who want to expand their sonic vistas on a digital level, Fender and Roland announce the arrival of the Standard Roland Ready Strat®. With its built-in Roland GK-2A pickup system, players can drive GK-2A compatible products and access Roland's unrivaled collection of sounds right from the Fender guitar's on-board controls. Play it as a straight Stratocaster® or combine and conquer new tonal

The Standard Roland Ready Strat has a poplar body; a one piece maple neck with a rosewood fretboard and 21 frets; three standard single-coil pickups; a special design Roland GK-2A pickup; master volume, master tone, and GK-2A volume controls; 5-way selector switch; 3 position mini toggle (guitar, both, GK-2A); two mini push buttons (GK-2A); and die-cast machine heads. Comes factory-equipped with genuine Fender strings for optimum tone and performance.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/Newp/WNAMM98/Fender/Roland.html

Last edited by ColdGin at Jan 24, 2007,