Hi
I am currently a lead guitarist, but I recently got a shot to get in a big band in my hometown of Jacksonville. The guitarist, which is mainly the music witer told me that he was thinking about adding a second guitar to the band, and he said that if he was going to consider me I needed to know about:
how fast you can get my idea
your level of creativity
and knowledge of compatible guitar riffs.

Now the first two are pretty self explanitory, but I dont quite understand what the last one is all about. Could someone please give me examples.
Another thing he said that I dont nuderstand is this little chunk "are you good at breakdown rythyms, are you experienced with the guitar enough to understand harmonizing as a rythym guitarist, do you know which notes ring with others (not including just octaves?" Could someone please give examples or maybe a place to find any of these. I would really appriciate the help.
this is all to do with theory my friend, scales, modes, chords and their parent scales, all the junk that nobody is going to be able to explain to you in one sitting im afraid. but in generally with rhythm guitar you'd be wanting to look at the last one, chords and their parent scales and modes.
e.g. Cmaj7's parent scales are C and G, because it is the first mode (the ionian) of the C scale, and the IV mode of the G scale. This means that if someone is playing a riff based around to C or G scale, and you play Cmaj7 over it, it will sound in key and rockin' :P
this stuff will take a while to learn
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar"
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by anezay2004
Hi
Now the first two are pretty self explanitory, but I dont quite understand what the last one is all about. Could someone please give me examples.
Another thing he said that I dont nuderstand is this little chunk "are you good at breakdown rythyms, are you experienced with the guitar enough to understand harmonizing as a rythym guitarist, do you know which notes ring with others (not including just octaves?" Could someone please give examples or maybe a place to find any of these. I would really appriciate the help.

No offence, but you aren't qualified man. I don't have the physical skill but I know what he means by all those. You need to get some lessons or read up on theory, especially about harmonizing.

But have jam with him. If you aren't going to be improvising on stage (most likely) then it'd probably be fine if he wrote the music for you.
Inhuman evil take down!
well 18th angel and for everyone else, i have the skill, and i have learned many things im just not sure what they are called, because i jam with my freinds that taught me. Im basically just aint good with names