I don't know if this is the right place to put this thread, but anyway he's my favourite 'non-guitar' artist and one of my favourites overall. anyone else like him?

when i say 'non-guitar' i just mean it isn't a major part, i know that there are guitar parts to some of his songs.
"I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie"
yeh he's an amazing musician, performaer, and arranger. props to
ray
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
has anyone seen the film 'Ray'? its amazing!
"I can sum it all up in three words: Evolution is a lie"
That flim pissed me off. Sure, Jamie Foxx did a great job portraying him, but he took ALL of the attention and credit that should have gone to Ray himself. Instead of a film that could have raised awareness and respect for a wonderful musician, we get more ego padding for an overpaid/overpraised hollywood dickhead. Was anyone talking about Ray Charles when that movie came out? Hell no, it was all about Foxx. That aint right.

If they really wanted to pay tribute to the late Ray Charles, they should have made an in-depth 2-hour documentary with interviews and concert footage.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just getting really sick of hollywood cashing in every chance they get. Over the past 20 years, the film industry has completely lost any artistic integrity it might have once had.

Ok, no more hijacking for me today. I promise
^ They had a dedication concert where Foxx absolutely praised him and talked about how he didn't sing in the movie because he could not do Charles justice.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
I like him quite a lot.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
That flim pissed me off. Sure, Jamie Foxx did a great job portraying him, but he took ALL of the attention and credit that should have gone to Ray himself. Instead of a film that could have raised awareness and respect for a wonderful musician, we get more ego padding for an overpaid/overpraised hollywood dickhead. Was anyone talking about Ray Charles when that movie came out? Hell no, it was all about Foxx. That aint right.

If they really wanted to pay tribute to the late Ray Charles, they should have made an in-depth 2-hour documentary with interviews and concert footage.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just getting really sick of hollywood cashing in every chance they get. Over the past 20 years, the film industry has completely lost any artistic integrity it might have once had.

Ok, no more hijacking for me today. I promise

Pfft, that was one of the few movies about a musician than was any good. They usually come off as naff and capture none of the spirit.
None of your problems have anything to do with the film its self, just the hype around it....

It was a great film, I nearly cried when his ex died

Ray Charles is good
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Pfft, that was one of the few movies about a musician than was any good. They usually come off as naff and capture none of the spirit.
None of your problems have anything to do with the film its self, just the hype around it....

It was a great film, I nearly cried when his ex died

Ray Charles is good

No two ways about it... it was a very moving film and I did enjoy it. I just really dont like Jamie Foxx.
Quote by SuburbanCowboy
No two ways about it... it was a very moving film and I did enjoy it. I just really dont like Jamie Foxx.

One thing I did see that made me cringe was em, Jamie Foxx doing a cover of I've got a woman.

But the song was called gold digger, and they just kind of sampled the hook...ugh
^I hate that gold digger song. There's also a rap song that samples "Georgia On My Mind," i think. Everytime i hear someone singing one of those, i think "hey, there's a cool person. they like ray charles." .....then they start rapping.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I absoulutely love Ray Charles. None of my friends or family members get him but I think he's amazing. I think my favourite song is "Mess Around" I've always liked it.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^I hate that gold digger song. There's also a rap song that samples "Georgia On My Mind," i think. Everytime i hear someone singing one of those, i think "hey, there's a cool person. they like ray charles." .....then they start rapping.

Exactly, it's ridiculous. I heard 'I got a woman' on 107.5 the rap station here in Denver flipping through some stations and thought 'hmmm, alright' and then in comes 50 cent on top of it. I was pissed off.
My personal favourites are the ones that are filled iwth nothing but overt sexism.

'She knows a woman's place, is right there now in her home..."