I'm planning to buy a new amp, and I managed to pick 2 amps I like... Which one in your opinion is te best?

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50W-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=482615

or

Peavy Valveking 112
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

(If you have other suggestions, my budget is $300-$450)
Valvekingg all the way
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Valveking>Valvetronic
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
most definately
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
The Valveking is a cheap valve amp made in China and it sounds it. It also has reliability problems.

The Vox is a very nice modeller for the price.

IMO Valvetronix > Valveking

What styles of music do you play?

I recommend you try them both and go with what YOU like best, not a bunch of people on an Internet forum.
Well neither of those two amps are amazing for metal, although I think the AD50VT is slightly better. The AD50 is also a really good classic rock amp.

You could look into a Laney LC15R and an overdrive pedal? They are great sounding 15watt valve amps which sound great for classic and hard rock and do metal with an overdrive.
I just got a Valveking, and have played a Valvetronix. I like the drive on the Valveking. I'm in a hard rock/metal band and it suits the sound I want fine. It's gain is Marshall-y voiced. If you play classic rock, this is where the VK will stand out the most from the Valvetronix. I'm also in a covers band that does classic rock and blues, and this amp excells at that sound.

I would go with the VK. Now I know it's not the greatest amp in the world, but it's by no means a bad amp. If you want a lil more gain on it (try it out first though, you may decide it's enough for you) then throw in an overdrive pedal (not distortion!!!). You also may consider a noise gate with it.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I've been looking for an amp in that same price ranch, and was looking at those same amps. I tried them both out side by side. I personally like the ValveKing better. I like the all tube sound. I thought the Valve king had better for distortion. It did everything from slight overdrive to pretty heavy distortion, heavy enough for me and I am into metal. But I would still probably want to add an overdrive pedal for the times that I want super heavy distortion. On the other hand the valvetronix has a lot of bells and whistles, if that is what you want. I don't really care for the modeling.
I dunno about the Vox, but I think valveking's sound like arse. Dunno why everyone seems to like em, they sound harsh and fizzy to me. Plus they're meant to be really unreliable.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
they are unrealiable if you get a bad one...
my Vk is awosme, very reliable & good tone

so i go w/ VK
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TGM
Plus they're meant to be really unreliable.

LOL! I don't know if they're meant to be unreliable, but they've proven to be.

I'm not a big fan of either amp, but it's the Valveking that I'd steer clear of.

Are you looking to gig sometime soon, or just looking to practice at home?

You linked a US store, are you buying in the US or the Netherlands? If it's the latter, do you have a store you could link there to give us a better idea of the prices there?

I think, personally, I'd take that budget and look used. You're kind of in a no man's land unless you want a small, quality tube amp like the Blues Jr or Crate V16.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
valveking deffo, too many oif these therads though in my opinion
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
the valveking sounds like a dying horse its the most lifeless amp i ever played I got it for christmas and i returned it I play exactly what you do classic rock and metal and i found that the vox sounds way better
GEAR:
Gibson Faded V (Dimarzio EVO(B) and GFS Hot Liverpool(N) coiltap in neck)
Squier Mahogany HSS Strat
Squier BSB tele
Bogner 2X12
Vox AD50VT
EPI VJ head
I have a variety of pedals PM if you have to know.

Looking for a new head!
Valveking sound horrible IMO, i really dont see why everyone likes them
And as the walls come down, and as I look in your eyes
my fear begins to fade, recalling all of the times
I have died, and will die.
It's all right. I don't mind.
Go with the Vox, the Valveking sounds like horseshit. I go into a music store thinking to myself "UG says the valveking is good and its affordable too! I'll try it!"... I plug in, "WHAT THE ****!"

moral of the story: Not all tube amps are better than ss. Especially the ones that are made in China, and cheap as shit.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
^everyone on Ug says its crap...
people who've actually played it like it
its good for the money, grant you it have a cheaper speaker which isa easily chnaged
-its 50/50 on reliability ... some are good some arnt
Rig:

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
^everyone on Ug says its crap...
people who've actually played it like it
its good for the money, grant you it have a cheaper speaker which isa easily chnaged
-its 50/50 on reliability ... some are good some arnt

1. Everyone on UG is tube crazy. To most, if it doesn't have tubes its automatically crap.
2. I played the VK twice and it was total shit.
3. You could already get a better amp with a better speaker if you spend $150 more and not have the reliability issues.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
^ not where i am ... 150$ more wont get my anywhere
and i for one havent had any issues with it
Rig:

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Peavey Windsor + a cab?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by sjones
I just got a Valveking, and have played a Valvetronix. I like the drive on the Valveking. I'm in a hard rock/metal band and it suits the sound I want fine. It's gain is Marshall-y voiced. ...

I would go with the VK. Now I know it's not the greatest amp in the world, but it's by no means a bad amp. If you want a lil more gain on it (try it out first though, you may decide it's enough for you) then throw in an overdrive pedal (not distortion!!!). You also may consider a noise gate with it.

One disagree and one agree with that...

It's not a Marshall-esque tone. well...maybe a AVT-esque, but not near a JCM. yeah.

But, i agree 100% with that last paragraph. I have a VK, im in the neighborhood for a noise gate as well. But it is a great amp.

EDIT: I didn't know we were talking about the 1x12. im careless. I play the VK 100 head, i like it. I have no experience with the combo. SORRY.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Randall 4x12 Cab (I hate it, but I'm poor)

Returning the Favour
Last edited by callison at Jan 24, 2007,