the key that the song is in means what scale the notes fall into. sorry, but thats the best way i know how to explain it lol.

and other than a spelling mistake or two, your english is actually alright. in fact, id say its better than a lot of people on here
"in the key of" tells you what the notes are played over, or what scale they're from. In the key of C means most of the notes are coming from a C scale. And in the key of D means the notes are from a D scale. It just tells you the basic chord movement of the song.

And I agree. Your English is pretty good. I'm native, and i still have 2 English classes this year, and I'm still failing both of them.
Silvertone SSL(under reconstruction)
JCM100 Marshall
Fender UltimateChorus
Digitech Death Metal
Peavy PA System

DON'T CLICK HERE OR ELSE!
Actually The number of sharps or flats determines what key your in. The C major scale and it`s relative minor scale (Am) have no sharps or flats, the G major scale and it`s relative minor(Em) have one sharp(F#) D major(Bm) have two sharps, F major(Dm) has one flat (Bflat). So when you look at a piece of Music and it has only one flat in it`s key signature than it`s in the key of F,which in turn means all the notes would come of the F major scale. Any notes not from the F major scale would be considered accidentals (Any sharp or flat except B flat would be called an accidental in the key of F)
Quote by Zimwibwe
Actually The number of sharps or flats determines what key your in. The C major scale and it`s relative minor scale (Am) have no sharps or flats, the G major scale and it`s relative minor(Em) have one sharp(F#) D major(Bm) have two sharps, F major(Dm) has one flat (Bflat). So when you look at a piece of Music and it has only one flat in it`s key signature than it`s in the key of F,which in turn means all the notes would come of the F major scale. Any notes not from the F major scale would be considered accidentals (Any sharp or flat except B flat would be called an accidental in the key of F)

but, doesnt Am have a G#?
Quote by ashesofthewake
but, doesnt Am have a G#?

No..the Am scale is A, B, C, D, E, F, G no sharps or flats..if that's what u mean