turn up the gain and treble and the slide the pick...its not that hard but it takes a bit to nail it perfectly
I like to hold the edge of the pick straight towards the string, rather than at an angle like some players do. I just think the scrape is more defined that way. Also, I do a fast one if I'm doing it right before a solo, but I do a slower one if it's right before a really chunky riff.
the kind that I think sounds...amazing is on the song "Facedown" by the....(sucky band) Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. You know the pick scrape at the beginning of the song? That sounds pretty farout.
oi
Quote by CotyXD
the kind that I think sounds...amazing is on the song "Facedown" by the....(sucky band) Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. You know the pick scrape at the beginning of the song? That sounds pretty farout.

Oh, I forgot to mention: I usually scrape on both the E and A string at the same time as well. The one you're talking about was probably on the A/D strings.
There's some really cool pick scraps in Hatebreed - Straight to your face but I always leave them out when I play it live coz I always screw them up
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
You just scrape the egde of the pick on the thick strings (Mainly E & A strings). I sometimes use my wha pedal with this, and it sounds cool. Try the intro pick scraping to Slither - Listen to it, and wtach Dave Kushner (VR) live doing it (Live 8 is good vid), and you'll get the idea.