I just got a decent amp and footpedal, Marshall, 75 watt, and I wanna know, hoiw can I stop it sounding clean? Cos right now, it's a sweet sound for some songs, but others like summer of 69, it's not clean, I have no idea what that is, or how to describe it though. Does anyone know how I can make it stop sounding clean please? I did it once before but cannie mind how I did it, and I am tearing my hair out trying to set it up now. Any help greatly appreciated.
well... theres probably 2 channels on the amp... try clicking the channel button on the footswitch... also if you could tell us what model amp... that would be good i could help ya out more...
if there is a footpedal. try unplugging it and manually pressing the channel switch.

sometimes if the channel is off and u switch by footpedal, it wont switch over.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
model 5275, and it's an input socket for my footpedal, the only switches are on the footpedal, which I have already pressed. When I turn it up the volume goes up but it stays clean..
that amp has a push pull pot.

u need to engage, push or pull on the knobs until u find the one that changes to the higher gain channel.

once it is, the footswitch will work for u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Kewl, Cheers mate, gonna try it in a few mins, I'll let you know how it goes.
LAf, i just sawu posted a couple of hours ago. i hope that means it worked and uve been playing this whole time.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Lol, I wish mate, I am trying it now, and even after I pulled the gain nob out, and put my footpedal on it does nothing, other than quieten it down a bit so I can turn it up louder, if that makes any sense. Where should all the nobs be, and should the treble be on on my footpedal?
Cheers,
Feri
well first unplug the foot swtich.
u should plug it back in when ur familiar with ur amps settings.

second. max out the gain knob.

third. is the gain knob a push pull knob? if so, that's ur switch from channel 1 to channel 2.
if it's not a push pull, then u still need to find it.

fouth. how many volumes on ur amp? better yet, what knobs are on the face of ur amp.

ok answer 1-4. u said, uve been able to get gain on that amp. so find it again with the right settings. and then plug the footswitch back in, and use that to change between the two channels.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Gain knob is maxed out and it's a turn and push pull knob. and from right to left I have
gain volume tone (for the fottpedal wehn it's active) then volume treble middle bass reverb volume. And I have no idea how to get it, I got lucky before, there could be a thousand combos to get it back.
that push pull, is what is supposed to engage the second channel.

let me get u the HC page for ur gear. look thru the reviews. see if u can find any settings, or marshall manual info.

i dont see ur model, but i was just looking under 75 reverb. i dont know ur model #.
http://www.marshallamps.com/resources/downloads.asp

harmony central review of ur amp. as u can see, other guys like the gain, so there should be something. if it's not working for u, there is a chance the push pull gain pot failed. is urs a used amp?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Marshall/75+Reverb/10/1
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Checking those sites now, and aye mine is a used amp ANMD footpedal. Funnily enough, there's a couple of times when I have pressed the channel switch on the footpedal, and it won't engage/disengage if you know what I mean. Like if it's on and I push the button, sometimes it won't go off, I have to push it a few times and vice versa.
yeah it's just possible that either the pot on the amp or the switch on the foot switch needs replacement.

but if its the footswitch, i would think u still should be able to switch channels with ur hand, no problem.

sorry, it would cost too much for me to fly over to england. maybe u should take it to a local shop, see what they say.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Hey, I got it lol!!! I just turned some bits up without the footpedal in, and it works, plus the fact I have a thingy switch on my new guitar (FEEEEEEEEEEEENDEEEEEEER BABYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!) ya anyways, Idk what the switch is called but it switches between the bass sound and the treble sound.
Idk how to tune a guitar, and Idk much about music, but I sure as heck kjnow how to play it!
Idk what the switch is called but it switches between the bass sound and the treble sound.

It's a toss up between the tone control and the pickup selector...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Ferinos
Hey, I got it lol!!! I just turned some bits up without the footpedal in, and it works, plus the fact I have a thingy switch on my new guitar (FEEEEEEEEEEEENDEEEEEEER BABYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!) ya anyways, Idk what the switch is called but it switches between the bass sound and the treble sound.
Idk how to tune a guitar, and Idk much about music, but I sure as heck kjnow how to play it!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62