Hey, I'm looking for a new amp, here is what I'm looking for as far as specs go. I am looking for a small tube amp, around 15 watts. I was looking at the Fender Pro Junior or the Fender Blues Junior. First off, can anyone make an argument for one of these amps over the other, and second, if anyone knows of a similar amp that you feel would be better, (Fender or not) please let me know. Just for your knowledge, I play a Fender American Telecaster and like a good clean channel with a nice crunch. Thanks.
maybe the vox ad15, its not so cheap but its worth it, or those orange crush 15w arent bad too i guess.
Looking for a new sig!
Traynor YCV20 might be another option for you

Hiwatt has a Custom 7 and a Custom 20 out now too
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
Quote by samerika
maybe the vox ad15, its not so cheap but its worth it, or those orange crush 15w arent bad too i guess.

The AD is a hybrid with one tube. The Crush series are solid states, I think.
Are you looking to spend just the $300 or so like the Fenders are prices?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I think the Blues Jr is worth the extra $100 you pay for it over the Pro Jr. The Pro Jr has a 10" speaker, and two knobs: volume and tone. For that extra $100, you get a 12" speaker, three tone knobs, a master volume, and reverb in the Blues Jr.

For a small tube amp with great cleans, you're looking at the right two, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Mudder
Are you looking to spend just the $300 or so like the Fenders are prices?

Yes, around that price, but may be willing to go higher if they are significantly better.

Quote by slatsmania
I think the Blues Jr is worth the extra $100 you pay for it over the Pro Jr. The Pro Jr has a 10" speaker, and two knobs: volume and tone. For that extra $100, you get a 12" speaker, three tone knobs, a master volume, and reverb in the Blues Jr.

For a small tube amp with great cleans, you're looking at the right two, IMHO.

Are you speaking from experience or just guessing.
Last edited by ramlax13 at Jan 24, 2007,
did you make a similar thread elsewhere? this seems really familiar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ramlax13
Are you speaking from experience or just guessing.

I don't own either. I've tried both in the store rather extensively. I wound up buying a Crate V16 used because I got a great deal on it. I'd rate that amp between the two Fenders, but closer to the Blues Jr. If it was gain rather than cleans that you were after, I might recommend the Crate.

If you're looking for a cheap tube amp, the Epi Valve Jr is the way to go (which I do own). Once you get to the $300 level, in my experience the Blues Jr is worth the extra $100 for the added features.

But I guess it's up to you to try 'em out yourself.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ heh, touche.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
did you make a similar thread elsewhere? this seems really familiar...

I posted in the Amps Q&A at the top but wasn't sure if people got around to responding to that thread so I started a new one. Thanks for your help in the other one though.
^ no problem.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?