http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_faded_sg_special_electric_guitar?full_sku=102935921
$579 vs $1299 for an sg standard
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_gibson_sg_standard_electric_guitar?full_sku=100295612
Is there a serious diffrence between the two?
Because the only diffrence I could find is that they look a little diffrent, both awesome anyway. And one comes with a gig bag and one with a hardshell case. They have the same pickups, same size, everything. So if there's something I'm missing, please someone tell me.

They also have a number of other 'faded' gibson guitars. I was looking at buying a Schecter, but if can get a gibson this cheap, I'll buy that
Maybe they are made in different places? Does Gibson have a factory in another country?
-Roy

My Gear
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster
Washburn Lyon (LCT24)
Silvertone Revolver Bass
Ibanez IJV50 Acoustic
Fender CD160E-12
Guild Starfire IV
Some cruddy classical that my parents bought off ebay for like 40 bucks.
because the first ones a special and the others a standard... completely different guitars... quality of wood/electronics/hardware everything... also where its made if i remember correctly
you've been a UGer as long as me, and you havent seen how many Gibson vs Epiphone threads there are!?

wow... thats an achievement in itself

EDIT: ohh there both gibsons.. well, there is a diffrence.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i have that sg and i like it ...i played both of them..the fadeds neck is a bit chunkier which i like and theres no gloss finish or binding. the pups are open too which give more bite too which i like. but thes my opinion
Quote by Doodleface
you've been a UGer as long as me, and you havent seen how many Gibson vs Epiphone threads there are!?

wow... thats an achievement in itself

EDIT: ohh there both gibsons.. well, there is a diffrence.

Self-pwnage
One is a Standard the other is a special faded. I would say do not get the Special Faded, it was one of the worst guitars I tried, which isn't that many.
the standard has trapezoid inlays, headstock inlay, neck binding probs MoP Gibson logo and better pickups.

oh wait its a Gibson, you're paying for the name.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Last edited by stevo_epi_SG_wo at Jan 24, 2007,