New? Fender pro Jr. Although Fender is reissuing the Champ soon.

For just a bit more money you can buy a real Champ. Go with a 70's silverface, ebay runs anywhere from $275-375. Totally worth it and they're becoming more collectible every day.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^Indeed.

Or you could build one from one of them sites, you know the ones I mean.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
isn't the pro junior like 15 watts though?

I'd say something from victoria, or possibly a cornell romany plus.

Depends on your budget, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Nice, cheap too!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
garg. that's pretty cheap. and you save 99p!

the original champ had a diode recto, far as I'm aware, though I hear that doesn't do too much to the tone in single-ended designs... just makes it break up sooner, you can achieve the same effect with a ss recto and some other components.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
isn't the pro junior like 15 watts though?

I'd say something from victoria, or possibly a cornell romany plus.

Depends on your budget, though.

You're right about the Pro Jr wattage being about 2x that the Champ. However the circuit and voicing are said to be based on the Champ.

For a killer Champ type check out Richter amps (Sarasmiles on ebay) or Victoria. The rub is they aren't as cheap as a real one.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
^ yeah. I mean, if you're any good at electronics, the schematics for champs are all over the net. I might try one myself actually, if I can get round to it. If I upgrade the transformer in my valve junior, apparently the stock OT is for a 6v6 (which is in the champ), not EL84 (which is in the VJ).

I'd make it a head version, though. And probably put in a bypassable tone control. because that'd rule.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?