www.myspace.com/fearofthesouth

We have our first cheap recordings up on our myspace page.
We dont want crit on the quality. we know its bad.
It was recorded with 1 lil mic on a laptop.
These our first songs they are from a while back.
We are recording and our newest ones in Feb/March, so i will be uploading them too.
It gives you an idea of the song so check it out and tell me what you think.
Its straight up melodic death (corish) metal.

Check out Take The Blade.

http://www.myspace.com/fearofthesouth

Cheers!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Last edited by 11thHour at Jan 24, 2007,
i liked it.

but for god's sake get better recording equiment.
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
Quote by xXBlack_PickXx
i liked it.

but for god's sake get better recording equiment.

Thanks mate.

We actually have proper recording equipment, but we decided instead of spending money on drum mics we will just go to the studio next month.

Cheers!
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
I agree, its good, and would be very good with proper recording which I see you are planning to do
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
Cheers dude!

I post up the demo when we have it down.
But keep the comments coming.
The more advice the better the songs wil be when they are recorded properly.
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Black/Folk Metal
Last edited by 11thHour at Jan 24, 2007,
not too bad, i might suggest tryin some variation from always chugging, if you know what i mean. Your band would be worlds better with 2 guitarists for melody. Check out the stuff by theredskyismine for some ideas, he writes some damn catchy sh!t.
Quote by architekt
not too bad, i might suggest tryin some variation from always chugging, if you know what i mean. Your band would be worlds better with 2 guitarists for melody. Check out the stuff by theredskyismine for some ideas, he writes some damn catchy sh!t.

Thanks a million dude.
You will like our new songs, theres more melody and a bit more variation with the guitar.
Thanks for mentioning the chugging because i agree with you.
You see the local talent is limited and the few guitarists into this type of music are very limited.

Thanks a lot!
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Black/Folk Metal
Thanks for the replies!
keep em coming.
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Black/Folk Metal
wheres the bass?
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Sean-Man
wheres the bass?

I swear, the bass just didnt come out in the recordings.
either did the kicks at parts.
Its weird.
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Black/Folk Metal
i have trouyble with my kicks on my recordings some times, really pisses me off.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Sean-Man
i have trouyble with my kicks on my recordings some times, really pisses me off.

Yeah. Thats the thing about cheap recordings..
All these problems will be fixed when we go into the studio.
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Black/Folk Metal
this sounds really great. i really enjoyed both songs. especially the intro to Take the Blade
Quote by xX_JIMI_Xx
this sounds really great. i really enjoyed both songs. especially the intro to Take the Blade

Thanks dude!
Cheers for leaving a reply!
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Black/Folk Metal
Yeah. It sounds really cool, but you need to record it better as has been stated. I like when the drums follow the guitar down that little riff. Great pinch harmonics, too. I bet this will sound incredibly awesome if you guys record it in the studio. Put it up here after you finish it in the studio or if you record it better or something. You sound really good, though. Keep it up. Mind critting mine even though it's nothing like this music? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522091
Well the songs are quite good.. The poor quality just bleeds in my ears!
Anyways I know you dont want crits on the quality..
I would take the song "Take the blade" and speed it up, maybe double up the tempo.. that would be badass.. anyways, it's good material no doubt, please come back with some better recordings

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528598
Textures - greatest band ever
I liked it quite a lot, get into the studio, quick!

The guitar parts would sound even better with harmonizing, the vox would sound cooler with clean on parts also.
woh! thanks so much for the feedback guys!
yeah sure i will check out your stuff guys and post what i think.
Cheers!

Quote by jOHANEN
Well the songs are quite good.. The poor quality just bleeds in my ears!
Anyways I know you dont want crits on the quality..
I would take the song "Take the blade" and speed it up, maybe double up the tempo.. that would be badass.. anyways, it's good material no doubt, please come back with some better recordings

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528598

Speed up Take The Blade?
I like the way you think.

Quote by zultone

The guitar parts would sound even better with harmonizing, the vox would sound cooler with clean on parts also.

Yeah! We are looking for a second guitarist so we can have more melodies..

CHECK OUT OUR NEW SONG!
Lots of melody but still brutal as f*ck.

Quote by sd drummer
sounds awesome

thanks dude! keep the replies coming.
Quote by IbanezSA160a

Black/Folk Metal