I've been hearing good things and bad things about the Fender MH-500 Metalhead amp. I never found one so I couldn't try it for myself. Can anyone enlighten me about it?

- Thanks in advance
Where did you hear good things about those?

Do yourself a favor and just say no. For the same money there are many better options aka used 5150.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
It's a piece of shit marketed at young children with daddy's wallet who think "OMFG 500 W@77Z!!!! /\/\37AL @Z F#CK D00dz!". I'd have thought the 'metalhead' would also help tip people off as to the severe crapness of it. Any amp with a rediculously high wattage should ring alarm bells in your head.
Yeh its not very good.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
fender isnt known for metal. that's pretty simple.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I wonder if the Metalhead still has good Fender cleans? Probably not though as its SS.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
It's a big fat marketing scam.

"Hey there little rich kid, want an amp that will make you cool?
You're not cool unless you get this, it's 500 watts! You need 500 watts to sound good.
Metal! Yeaaaaa, it says metal on it, that MEANS it's good, and if you don't buy this you'll get AIDS, which is not cool."
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
It's a big fat marketing scam.

"Hey there little rich kid, want an amp that will make you cool?
You're not cool unless you get this, it's 500 watts! You need 500 watts to sound good.
Metal! Yeaaaaa, it says metal on it, that MEANS it's good, and if you don't buy this you'll get AIDS, which is not cool."

classic
It is a 500 watt fender amp with no master volume, meaning like all fender amps, the volume will go up to near its maximum volume between 2 and 6.
No.
Look at a hotrod deville. Or a JCM by marshall. Much nicer.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."