am thinking of buying my first multy effects pedal but am confused as there are so many on the market. i am interested in the boss me 50 but is it really worth the money?
if you dont like me kiss my arss
How many effects do you plan on using? Cos' the effects don't tend to be very good on multis. If you're not going to be using a lot then you'd be better getting some stompboxes.
21st Century Digital Boy
Right. Also, you can't play fast with feeling. And, there are no Strats that are good for metal.

Actually with more recent units like the ME-50, GT-8 and PODxtLive, the effects are quite good for the most part, provided you take the time to learn how to program them properly. If you only want them for effects, not amp-modeling, then the ME-50 is probably the one for you and well worth the money if you have some patience and willingness to experiment.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
i only really want a wah pedal ( huge slash, hendrix fan) and maybe some compression but the separate effects seem expensive but if their better quality i am willing to pay. what wah would u recomend and do u think a compression pedal is really worth the money.
Quote by fatgraymatt
Right. Also, you can't play fast with feeling. And, there are no Strats that are good for metal.

Ha...heh...ha
<5 minutes later>
HA

Anyway, you say you're looking for wah and compression. What are you looking for from these effects? There is a very wide range in both categories. What amp do you have, what music do you play? These questions need to be answered first.

As for the quality of the ME-50...great box. It would be a great buy.
i have a vintage advanced les paul type and a kustom hv hybrid amp ( 65 watts, has some effects but the i dont have any control over the auto wah). i play classic rock, metal and bluesy rock. fav music guns and roses, velvet revolver, jimi hendrix style , pink floyd and radio head.
ME50 is pretty amazing, put an SD-1 after and you can get some even crazier sounds.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
The ME-50 has a pretty good wah. If you want to go with individual boxes, the Dunlop original crybaby should be a good choice for what you want. If you want to step it up, go for a 535Q wah (more options, some gain boost for solos).

What are you looking for in the compression department? What's your experience with the effect, and what results are you looking for?
Agreed on the 535Q. I used one for years and was very happy with it, plus it really holds up to abuse. If you play live with a band at all you might want to check out the 95Q also. Not quite as versatile as the 535Q but it's switchless, it engages the moment you step on it. Very cool feature.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
if you're only after a few fx, I'd seriously consider standalone stomps...

problem with the me50 is, it's not cheap enough to be just a bit of fun (like the £50 ones are), but isn't dear enough to be one of the quality ones either- kind of falls in-between.

and if you only want two fx, you could buy those two standalone fx for cheaper than one of the dearer multi-fx, and get better quality into the bargain.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?