Hey okay im being stupid and doing my lobe myself. Im gonna put a sewing needle in it do it that way. Does rubbing alcohol disenfect it. And the jewerly i have? I know thers stuff mdae for it, but I have what I have.

ty
welcome to infection city: population, 5million.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
it literally cost 10 bucks at walmart for two none the less. if you want to disinfect the needle though rubbing alcohol woould work or getting it super hot to kill anything on it. then put rubbing alcohol on your ear after you pierce it for a while. and turn your earring for a week or so everyday so it doesnt get stuck in place with blood and crap. good luck, hope your ear doesnt fall off.
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Actually, thar be a thread for this.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Don't be stupid dude, go to the pharmacy, its 5 pounds
yes, rubbing alcohol is what youre supposed to use to clean it
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Quote by Instrumetal
Actually, thar be a thread for this.

I didnt know UG had pirates.

Anyway, yes, alcohol will work/
Get a friend to do it at least, and make sure there is something that the needle gets pushed into, rather than just trying to put it straight in your ear, put a potato behind the lobe.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Rubbing alcohol on it does NOT completly disinfect it. It will get rid of some germs, as will boiling it, but it will not get rid of them all. That's why piercers use autoclaves. If you want to try it, be my guest but there's no guarantee. Also, there's the body mod thread for questions like this.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
erm DONT BE SO ****IN STUPID! it cost like 3 gbp to pierce a lobe. iv seen too many cases of ****ed up piercings. Theyre not nice.

You wont pierce it to the right size with a needle, thus no jewellrey will fit in comfortably which will cause rejection.

My advice is to get it done properly, for a few quid/bucks its not worth losing part of your lobe for!
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
yeah it costs like 10 bucks to get lobes pierced. but sometimes for fun i just do it myself without putting a ring in. It'll be okay if you clean it, and clean the jewerly. Its not like painful or anything lol.
Quote by tobythechimp

You wont pierce it to the right size with a needle, thus no jewellrey will fit in comfortably which will cause rejection.

Pff wrong.

Quote by tobythechimp

My advice is to get it done properly, for a few quid/bucks its not worth losing part of your lobe for!

although I agree with this.
First heat the needle with a lighter for some seconds till it changes colour (that means all the gems are killed) and then clean it with alcohol be4 you pierce your ear
Quote by CyAC
(that means all the gems are killed)

I love that.
erm, if you pierce say a lobe with a sewing needle, the likely hood of it being say a 1.2mm are few and far between. And thats the most regular size really.

Plus i was trying to put him off......foiled!

:P
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
there's nothing wrong with piercing your own ears... tea tree oil is your friend, it kills any infections and skin irritations etc clear up really fast with it. put some on after you pierce your ear, it'll be fine. =) hope this helps
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
yeah i treid twice but only went thru the 1st layer.the holes are sealed up already. so nawh i wont do it then
You're better off getting it done properly... I have loadsa ear piercings and I wouldnt ever do them myself, its seems silly seeing as though its relatively inexpensive to get done. If the holes already there but its starting to close up, I have no problem jamming a pin or an earring in to reopen a hole. I know from experience that this can cause more pain and problems than getting the piercings done in the first place, so I'd imagine piercing them yourself could cause even more. It can lead to swollen glands and stuff in your neck... its not really worth it

You shouldnt put alcohol on the hole straight away either.. that cant be good.... =/
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
First, Body Mod thread.

Second, risk of infection isn't as high as everyone makes it out to be. I did my lobe with a rusty drywall nail I found on my bathroom floor, no problems whatsoever. Just take care of it.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
^ur full of crap. it's like coming out your nostrils and stuff
Quote by the dave
hahahahahahaha I laughed so hard I shat a little

Last edited by Milit at Jan 24, 2007,
Quote by Gemini

I did my lobe with a rusty drywall nail I found on my bathroom floor, no problems whatsoever.

No you didn't. And if you did, **** you're dumb. You can hardly say 'take care of it' if you would happily cause the excessive tissue damage to your ear, and say it was fine to do so.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
No you didn't. And if you did, **** you're dumb. You can hardly say 'take care of it' if you would happily cause the excessive tissue damage to your ear, and say it was fine to do so.

i didn't recommend it, I just said I did it without any infection. I did have a nasty piece of flesh hanging off the back of my ear where it was torn for about a week and a half until it finally totally crusted over and dried up.
Quote by thewho65

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Exactly. I'm just saying it's slightly hypocritical to say take care of piercings if that's how you pierced yourself. Fine if you understand it was bad, but you could've made it clear .
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Exactly. I'm just saying it's slightly hypocritical to say take care of piercings if that's how you pierced yourself. Fine if you understand it was bad, but you could've made it clear .

Ah, in that case: Attention UG: Do NOT attempt any idiotic piercing procedures previously used by Gemini. Thank you.

Anywho, what I meant by take care of it is keep it clean and watch it closely in case any infection does happen to take place.
Quote by thewho65

Quote by CyAC
First heat the needle with a lighter for some seconds till it changes colour (that means all the gems are killed) and then clean it with alcohol be4 you pierce your ear

my god. for starters if your heating a needle long enuff for it to change colors youa re changing the chem. struckture of the needle. basicly the germs may be gone but your asking for tetnus. any way... do NOT use anything to clean your peirceing but distilled water and sea salt. Trust me i have many peirceings. use like 1/4 tsp sea salt to a cup of distiled water. and besides if you wern't a pansy you would get it done professionaly and we wouldn't be haveing this convo. so ya. do it right and you will be happy. do it wrong and youll be called left ear for the rest of your life...

f...ing noobs
They call me kitty

P.S.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici......
"By the power of truth, I, while living have conquerd the universe
Take a lighter and burn the end of it for a minute. Let it cool down, but don't set it down. Then, poor rubbing alcohol on it. And, you're good to go. Make sure to take a Q-tip with alcohol or peroxide on it and rub it against your lobeholethingy once every day for a couple of weeks.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.