I have a Jackson JS30KE Kelly and a Roland Cube 30. Suffice to say... This setup, while looking awesome, does not have enough balls.

I'm looking at getting a distortion pedal for some more oomph. I'm in South Africa (so prices are wacky) but let's say my budget does not comfortably exceed $150 USD.

I was looking at something from BOSS - maybe the MD-2.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for a heavy, crunchy sound. Think Metallica, Slayer, Pantera... Lots of distortion for a down-tuned guitar.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
Line 6 Uber Metal is better than the Boss metal pedal and that crappy new metalcore pedal.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Metal Muff maybe?

Anyway you can try some out?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

yeah the metal muff has the balls of steel. with leeches attached. like in jackass 2.
laff
but yeah its bastard big.
Quote by danzaxbonanza
Save up money and buy a good tube amp. Really nice sounding distortion comes from your amp.

WTF!? lol.. so instead of spending £40 or $75 on a peddal. you would rather have him spend anywhere from £2000 or $4000 upwards?

Seriously... lol

Also, i have a death metal peddal and their fun but also do check out metal muff and that line 6 uber metal sounds interesting, im gona look into that. OH Also line 6's PODs are fantastic.
only thing line 6 has thats good right now is the pod's or those spider iii's they actualyl look REALLY GOOD... umm metal muffs are good... and so are metalzones... oh... also... b-52's are FANTASTIC tube amps... great tone for metal or whatever you wanna play... fantastic all over
uber metal pedal is good. same for the PODs,but they are out of your price ranged a little
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
I wouldn't get an MD2 for pantera.

^^^ £2000 is a bit over the top, you can get a pretty good high gain tube amp from about £400-£500, but yeah, I agree.

How much cash do you have for the pedal? Something like an HBE full metal jacket might be worth a try. it should be around £130, I'd have thought (no idea what that is in Rand, sorry).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?