Has anyone tried these, are they any good, I play awide variety of music and have a crappy guitar tho which I am soon replacing. If the distortionis crap could I just use my Boss DS-1 to get good sounds?

Thanks in advance Nathan :-)
there's a dude selling an xxl head in the gear ads, go there and ask him
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
its solid state and not really that good TBH.

not that good compared to what? a JCM800? of course not. but its very good for waht it is. an old band mate had one and it slayed. too bad we were in a punk band and made it sound not so good.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
I don't need anythign fancy such as a marshall JCM because by the time I have the money for this Ill of been playing for only a year.
I tried it out at my LGS, and I wasn't too impressed. I'm sure some people like it though.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by angusyoungwanab
not that good compared to what? a JCM800? of course not. but its very good for waht it is. an old band mate had one and it slayed. too bad we were in a punk band and made it sound not so good.

true, but then again you can get a used JCM 800 for about $100 more than this, and a JCM 900 for about the same price as this head.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yeah, I tried one out the other day, and I was pleasantly surprised, but it's really not all that good; and you can do much better for the price.
My thoughts on it:

Channel 1:
Horrible. Bland. Dull. Not clean at all.

Channel 2:
Horrible. Thin. Noisy. Overloaded with gain. Noisy. Noisy. Noisy. And some more noisy.

Channel 3:
More horrible than the first two put together. Crunch doesnt crunch. Modern is thin and scratchy. And Ultra sounds like 46 BOSS MT-2s on full gain all plugged into an MG10CD at full volume.

In short. I despise that amp with every cell of my body. But hey, thats just me.