I'm looking at getting a new guitar for around £400 (around $780) and I'm kinda stuck.
I'm thinking a Les Paul copy, such as Agile (but I'm yet to see anywhere besides eBay that ships to the UK). Any other LPs that'll match an Agile?
Of course, I'm open to other suggestions.
(BTW I play quite a range; mostly hard rock and heavy metal - Iron Maiden, Clapton, Metallica, Pantera, Children of Bodom, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc.)
Save up an extra 45£ and get a PRS SE Singlecut. Thats what Im doing, Im not at around 370£

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
No point getting an agile shipped to the UK - by the time you factor in shipping and VAT it's simply not worth it. If you want a Les Paul you may as well get a decent Epiphone with that budget.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-custom/866
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Don't waste your money on a Les Paul copy. You can get a much better guitar for your money if you look around. Someone has already mentioned PRS which are really good guitars.
Another one to look at is the Cort M520. It's styled similar to a Les Paul but for £350 you also get coil-tapping which gives you a greater variety of tone.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Cheers dudes, I didn't know PRS' came so cheap :O
How bout an Ibanez Iceman? Worth it?
Last edited by TheReborn at Jan 24, 2007,
I'd say the Iceman is more geared up for metal. You can get a really good Ibanez for £400. Check out the S, SA and SZ ranges as they are far more versitile guitars. There are loads of good guitars out there in your price bracket. I just thought you wanted one that looks/sounds like a Les Paul.
Yeah, I'll probably go with a PRS Custom or an Ibanez of some kind. At the moment I do play mainly metal, but I'd like this next guitar to be a little more versatile. From the looks of things, a PRS Custom is the way to go :p
I say ibanez SZ 520
Only it might be a little chunky for faster playing, but if you were gonna get a les paul copy that shouldnt be a problem.
Thats my two cents anyway
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8029664#post8029664

pretty much everything I suggested in there is valid for this thread too- just discount the non-LP shaped ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
get the Iceman!!! Or i will be most displeased. Or if you want a trem, S470.
Quote by cheames
Or if you want a trem, S470.

+1

The s470 comes with a ZR which is one of the best tremolos Ibanez make.
I'd advise a Washburn X50PRO if you want a hardtail guitar. Seymour Duncan pickups (I think '59 and CustomCustom neck and bridge respectively), coil tapping and much better access to higher frets than any Les Paul. I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Custom, and for reaching high frets for me, is a huge pain in the ass. (Or hands to be specific).

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_49&products_id=652
(^This link just gives you a good picture, go to www.gak.co.uk for a cheaper deal)

If you want a trem, you can't go wrong with an Ibanez S470. ZR trem is stable as hell and it plays like a dream! Fret access is great and it's got HSH combo allowing huge versatility. Alternatively, you could go for the Washburn X40PRO, it comes with Seymour Duncan pickups as well ('59 and Distortion, neck and bridge respectively), a Schaller trem (very reliable) and good fret access as well.

http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21_49&products_id=269
^ seconded, those washburns are nice guitars for the money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?