Hey all, I've recently purchased a brand new GH100L Plus GS412IA matching cab to go with it, but due to reliability issues, I am CONSIDERING selling it.

Anyway, I play lots of styles, but am quite leaning towards a good high-gain tube amp. Stuff for mostly metal, but with at least a decent clean. $$$$ is an issue, but not widely as I can get good deals for stuff, so if someone could name off some good high-gain tube amps for a good price, much appreciated. Just for the record, I'm doing my research as well, but opinions are great.
It broke the first week I had it, blew a transistor, had to send it back so after a month of waiting, I had to wait another month, and STILL haven't gotten it back. I've also heard some things about their reliability, or lackthereof, as well.
Jeez...
how much do you have to spend?

maybe a Mesa Nomad?
They arent too bad in price and are pretty good!! or pending on Price a Mark VI?

Maybe a peavey xxx, they seem to be pretty good and not over priced!!!
Last edited by False_God at Jan 24, 2007,
Well like I said, the price isn't a major concern because I can do interest free payments plus get about 50% off.

EDIT: As well... I assume the selling of this amp will put me up around 2500ish.

EDIT2: 2500ish Canadian
surely it's still under warranty? just take it back and get a refund?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I sent it back under the warranty to get fixed, but I got a huge deal on it, only $600 for both pieces. I don't want just that back lol, I can gain ALOT more than I spent on it.
well I still suggest those 3 amps. maybe the Marshall JVM, they look REALLY good!!!
Quote by chrispozzobon
Well I sent it back under the warranty to get fixed, but I got a huge deal on it, only $600 for both pieces. I don't want just that back lol, I can gain ALOT more than I spent on it.

ah, that makes sense. lol.

you can make more on it even if it's broken? or it's fixed now?

Do you actually like it if it is fixed? just to get an idea of the tone you like...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No, I've sent it back to the factory for a fix, I tried replacing the fuse, but that one blew right away too, so it was an internal problem. It's coming back this week hopefully though. And yeah, the tone is good, not everything I was expecting. The cleans are kinda rough around the edges, but it's a good amp overall, not high-gain enough though. I really like that thrashy Anthrax, Lamb of God, kind of tone.
^ how'd you like the tone of it? too bright? too dark?

(i'm kind of not sure how much this'll help, lol, I've only tried the vh and tt heads)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Eh, just eh. It didn't "float my boat"

I guess I could just say it wasn't high-gain enough, more rock than metal.

EDIT: I've been looking at ENGL, up my alley?
Last edited by chrispozzobon at Jan 24, 2007,
^ yeah, on the bright-ish side of things. It's higher gain than laney, anyway (dependent on model).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?