I love these guitars. PRS are practically gods to me, but i cant afford any of there stuff. There are the cheaper guitars, but my mate(general bullshitter so i cant trust his words) says that they arnt very good quality.

Im looking in the £400 and below region.

What are your exerienceswith these guitars.
Think about it, one that costs that much, from a company like say, Ibanez will get you a good guitar, but from a company like PRS who's instruments generall cost in the thousands (I played a £1500 one not too long ago), one that much isn't really going to be that good it surely stands to reason. Just like you would be suspicious of a £200 Les Paul, now I know the Epis are alright but come on....a Gibson is better.
The Custom, Santana and Singlecut (all SE models) are FOCKING AWESOME. They cost about 500-600 pounds, though.

They're different to the american PRS's. They have a character of their own. Slap your mate and try one out. The Custom SE is more for high gain, while the Singlecut SE has a more mellow tone for cleans and classic rock.

Quote by Jaffaps2
Think about it, one that costs that much, from a company like say, Ibanez will get you a good guitar, but from a company like PRS who's instruments generall cost in the thousands (I played a £1500 one not too long ago), one that much isn't really going to be that good it surely stands to reason. Just like you would be suspicious of a £200 Les Paul, now I know the Epis are alright but come on....a Gibson is better.

Just cos it's relatively cheap doesn't mean it's worse. Especially in this case. Like I said above, these have their own character. They don't just try to mimic the american models. They are awesome individual guitars.
Well, for that money you are only going to be able to afford one of their SE series guitars. And your mate who said that they were bullshit is wrong. Obviously they are nowhere near as good quality as the CEs, Customs, Standards etc... but they are definitely worth the money.
If you like PRS, and want a good quality guitar for £400ish, the SEs are deffo worth it.
I've played a PRS SE custom and I thought it was a really good guitar. I've never played any of the top end PRS' to compare it to but I'd say it was equally as good as a Gibson Les Paul. I think they're around £450 but you might be able to get one cheaper if you shop around.
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
the SEs are pretty good value for money IMO and are the only PRS guitars that arent horribly over priced.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
chears guys, this is awesome! iwas looking at the santana. Any specific info on tha guitar?
i have a prs se tremonti. I was intending to pay around £500 for a guitar but to me this is much better quality than any epiphone or mexican strat. Sounds fantastic, very versatile. Go for one there brilliant.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
The PRS SE's are pretty nice. They aren't £600, you can get them starting from about £300, to about £450 for the SE customs, if you shop around (gak, etc.). Then use the internet price to bargain with your local store.

Also in the £400 range are washburn idols and x40/x50 pro which are pretty nice, and have duncan pickups. They're around £340, I think.

Yamaha make some really nice guitars too, the AES 620 which is killer value at the moment at £239 on gak, and the pacifica 812 (£469, I think). I tried the 812 head to head with an se custom, and I liked the pacifica better, though a lot of that is preference. If that's too much, the 612 is a bit less, I haven't tried it though.

the ibanez sz series is worth a look too, and don't forget the fender mexican strats, and ones like the lite ash strat. Certain epi models aren't bad either (korina?) from what I hear. And I hear that the new vintage advance series is good, but I haven't been able to try it. I'd be sceptical based on the other vintages I've tried, though.

What amp do you have too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i just got a spider 3(plz dnt flame me!) and i have a laney lx12 twin.

This stuff is great guys, seriously, thnx!
I could help out... but I need to see American currency.... I'm lost at this point
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by :.RaZoRbAcK.:
i just got a spider 3(plz dnt flame me!) and i have a laney lx12 twin.

This stuff is great guys, seriously, thnx!

then I'd seriously consider the yamaha aes620- that'd save you a bit of cash that you could save towards an upgraded amp in the near future- especially important if you're in a band.

Though make sure you try everything that's been mentioned, if at all possible- no point in saving £100 on the guitar if you hate it, lol.

Quote by guitarrocka205
I could help out... but I need to see American currency.... I'm lost at this point

Unfortunately, it's rarely a direct conversion- most stuff in the USA is a lot cheaper than here.

£500 is almost $1000, yet PRS SE's only come under that price range here.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^--- ouch! I wonder what a custom 22 hollowbody "10" top would cost?
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
PRS SE guitars are probaly the best guitar for the money in their price range. They're the best bang for your buck, and you can't go wrong with them. Although some people don't like the stock pickups, you should replace ANY stock pickups in a guitar.

Then again, you should consider upgrading your amp if the one you've currently got isn't that good.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Quote by guitarrocka205

About $6000.

^ +1 on the pickups, only thing is, if the stock pickups are decent, you can hold off changing them until you're certain you know exactly what you want the new pickups to do. But yeah, the stock prs se ones aren't so bad you couldn't live with them for a week or two until you decide.

PRS SE probably aren't as good value here, though. I mean, that aes 620 is about half the price of the SE customs. Over here, you're into (basic model) Gordon Smith territory with the PRS SE's, which are hand-built in England...

EDIT: +1 on the amp upgrade too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ I think American PRS guitars have some of the best stock pickups in the business. When I replaced the pickups in my PRS, I threw in PRS McCartys, simply because I was looking for better cleans. But my SE (the Soapbar II) lacks a bit of ooomph. Otherwise, not too shabby.
Hi, I'm Peter
^ I'm not convinced. You can still get a lot better in aftermarket pickups, IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by guitarrocka205

Mine cost me about $3,400.

And in regards to American PRS pickups. Yeah, they're really good for stock pickups, but I generally enjoy buying aftermarket pickups to perfectly suite my need for tone.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
^ yeah, we get gipped on most american stuff. On most stuff, actually.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
SE Customs are pretty nice. Got one for Christmas and have been very satisfied. It also looks the shit so I'm all good.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I love'em. they're cheaper so they're more production line and less attention to detail. so you'll want to play the actual one you buy to make sure the neck feels right and isn't bowed. but they're definetely great guitars.

I had the Santana SE when they first came out and loved it. wouldn't have sold it if I was smarter back then. I will probably get a singlecut down the road. I love the look and feel of those. but I'll probably drop a couple Duncans in there.
I got the singlecut, tried loads of other guitars and even took a C1 Hellraiser home for a week and didn't like it, took it back and swapped it for the SE, and its absolutely ace. I have tried out quite a few in that range and above and I prefered it