hey

i just wanted to know at which skill level u started playing in a band?
and what u think about how far i should come before i start looking for a band?

nice evening
When you learn your first chord you are ready to be in a band...You can jam with people with just one chord...There is no rule or something to measure your skill,so any level is good...And when you learn 4 chords you can actually form a succesfull band cough*GreenDay*cough....
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
well before i had an instrument i was already in a band... so it doesnt really matter at what skill level you get in a band. if anything start off solo that way if someone wants you in their band you can show them what you can do.
i personally learned music theory and scales before i joined a band but you can join a band whenever you want.
Quote by Jeff Manthei
well before i had an instrument i was already in a band... so it doesnt really matter at what skill level you get in a band. if anything start off solo that way if someone wants you in their band you can show them what you can do.

I dont think that way, I think that it depends what kind of music you play and in what kind of band you wanna be.

If you wanna play pop, for example green day, you only would need to know 4-8 chords.
But if you want to play a Hendrx kind of stuff you´l need a lot more than 10 chords.

Or for example take me, I started to play in a band with like 3 lessons BUT it was shit cuz i sucked and 10 days after that 2 other MORE experienced guitar players joined and they made my ego to a piece of shit.
Years have passed since my last band (last and my first one for now) and now i kick theyre ass, and im starting to look for other people to start a band but no one plays what i play so...................................
Looking for a new sig!
You don't need to be able to shred like malmsteen or thrash like metallica (early stuff)
There are heaps of bands that start out popular with no talent what so ever. Ever heard of silverchair!
When AFI started, none of them knew how to play instruments, they're just like "hey man let's start a band, and just be awesome"!

So as long as you're dedicated it's never too early.
When you have can jam with other musicians you are more than ready to venture into the world of being in a band. All a band is, is a group of musicians playing off one and other, so if you can sit around and have a fun jam with some guys, you are ready. You will gain a lot of experience just by being around other musicians, especially if they are players who have more years of experience under their belts.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
silverchair are a great example of early jamming!
since the age of 12 they have been rocking
Damm you Dennis!!!
Well, I've been playing guitar almost three years and I've yet to join a band...