I am looking for a truss rod wrench like the one on the right.

I can't seem to find it in any store... HomeDepot doesn't have it, GC doesn't have it...

Its called Barrel Wrench I think, but I can't find it on google... (it finds something else)

So can anybody help me with this? With a donation or some tips on where to find it?

Thanks! I am desperately in the need of adjusting my truss rod, and thats the only tool that I can use. =\
Its just an allen wrench (or hex key as some call it). You probably have some laying around the house.
What kind of guitar is it?? You can't use a normal allen wrench like the one on the left?
stewmac.com should have it. but like said. most allen wrenches will work provided they are the correct size.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Guys.... These are allen wrenches

But what I need for the truss rod is the kind of allen wrench circled in the attached image.

One is a lot different from the other =\
Attachments:
wrenches.jpg
the larger side is a hex, socket wrench. used for bullet, bolt truss rod or some banjo rods. stuff like that.

shocked that u couldnt just get a socket attachment in a hardware store.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 24, 2007,
Quote by jj1565
the larger side is a hex, socket wrench. used for bullet, bolt truss rod or some banjo rods. stuff like that.

shocked that u couldnt just get a socket attachment in a hardware store.

I couldn't... with that same format, I couldn't.

It has to be the same shape, or else it won't get in the space on the guitar.

Its an ibanez rg 570 btw
yeah you need a hex socket for Ibanez i think, contact Ibanez and they should be able to sell you one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
That is the major problem.. how do I contact Ibanez by phone? =\

I can only seem to find their email (which they never answer) or their address to send them a letter
when i needed a part for an ibanez guitar, i went to their authorized dealer section, and found out that guitar center was a dealer. then i got the part number and had them order it thru their computer system.

see if u can find it under the part section of the ibanez site. if u can, i bet it's something that can be ordered.

which ibanez is it? if not let get the model and start looking for the part.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Its the RG570SS from the year of 2000.

But they only sell parts on that website, not tools =\

is it a bolt like this? because u can get attachments to get into almost any bolt situation.
i just dont see any barrel type socket's for sale.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yea, its kinda like that... Except that the tuners are one behind the other (its an Ibanez).

So I cant use a tool to go straight in there... It needs to be that barrel type =\
try looking for an angled "nut driver."
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

you could even get a small needle nose in there to get the job done
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
ive seen fexible wire like handles attached to drivers too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Here ya go. http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Misc
Also, since the nut on your truss rod is brass I would suggest not trying to force it with a needle nose. They can strip very easily.

Scroll down a bit and they should be there.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
i see it says truss rod wrench 7mm, but i would make sure it;s the right one before ordering. unless that's the RG section and they are all the same.
or if i missed another one that's listed.

EDIT: here goes. allparts has the 7mm too...

http://www.allparts.com/categories.php?cat_name=TRUSS%20ROD%20WRENCHES
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 25, 2007,
haha, thanks i love u too.

it was right in front of us all along.

EDIT: also to make sure uve got the right size, slip a socket over the nut. and look at it's size. id start with a 7mm.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62