First of all don't comment on this just 2 criticise Line 6

I wanted a new amp and i chose the Line 6 spider III 120 (i have a budget of £300)
I liked the effects on the amp and i can get some good switch pedals for it.

Then someone brought my attention to the Floor POD Plus which has many more amp sounds and effects but my only problem is my current amp is a Fender Champion 300, only 30watts and i did want a bigger amp, I could possibly be persuaded by the fact i can plug the POD into my toneport UX2 and it has loads of effects but i would like some opinions plz

thankz!!!
Honestly for the price you pay for the Spider III you could pick up a Berhinger V-Ampire and the floor pod for a tad bit more. The Berhinger V-ampire has built-in distortions and has 2 60 watt steroe speakers (making it a 120 watt). I'm picking it up myself.
if you want a half dicent amp for your price range go by a kustom dual 35 dfx its good has good effects and people my not liek kustom but it has what you need and its loader then most 30watt amps
People are strange..
when your a stranger...
Quote by mikemtz719
Honestly for the price you pay for the Spider III you could pick up a Berhinger V-Ampire and the floor pod for a tad bit more. The Berhinger V-ampire has built-in distortions and has 2 60 watt steroe speakers (making it a 120 watt). I'm picking it up myself.

+1

I have the V-amp and I love it.
ya thats probly the best move i havnet tryd the other amp before
People are strange..
when your a stranger...
what music do you mainly play, and what's your current guitar? why do you need a bigger amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I Play a lot of Metallica (there old stuff) and similar things 2 that
My guitar is a Fender Telecaster
And im in a band and my 30w is too small for the venues we've started playing in.

And i only have a boss distortion pedal so i wanted an amp that has good pedals that u can buy (why i wanted spider amp) and thts why i like the look of the POD
Last edited by Jonny92 at Jan 24, 2007,
^ tube will be an absolute godsend if you're playing live. I'd take a look into an ashdown fallen angel or randall rg50tc, or maybe even a laney vc30, though it might not be heavy enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cheers 4 the advice dude! I'll go try them out at SoundControl on saturday lol
^ just make sure sound control are dealers for those amps, lol. I think they do ashdown, not too sure about the other two. EDIT: best if you phone them first, guitar shops gets low on gear just afte Christmas...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I totally agree with Dave. You might also try a Peavey Valveking to compare if you can. The smallest one.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
ok, just save up £80 extra and you could get a Dsl401 or a Ashdown Fallen Angel!!
^ er, the ashdown fallen angel is under £300...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Please avoid from buying the Spider III if you plan on gigging, I had a Spider II half stack, and it just cant handle the volume levels of gigging, I highly suggest looking into cheap used tube amps, as they will sound a hell of a lot better a gigging levels. Solid State sounds worse the more you crank them, and tube amps sound better the more you turn them up. Tube amps are ideal for gigging, get on the wagon and save up, hahah.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Quote by Jonny92
I Play a lot of Metallica (there old stuff) and similar things 2 that
My guitar is a Fender Telecaster
And im in a band and my 30w is too small for the venues we've started playing in.

And i only have a boss distortion pedal so i wanted an amp that has good pedals that u can buy (why i wanted spider amp) and thts why i like the look of the POD

I'm in a band as well. A crappy little local band, and play with a tele.

But if i had 30 watts, say a vox, i'd take it. If it's mic'd it shouldn't be a problem. Quality over power man.

...i don't have any experience with a POD.

...And, im not too worried right now about spending money on music stuff, so i won't be much help to you anymore...But that'll change when my 6 figs a year start rolling in here in a few years

Just thought i'd give you my 2 cents. Don't let power worry you.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Randall 4x12 Cab (I hate it, but I'm poor)

Returning the Favour
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ just make sure sound control are dealers for those amps, lol. I think they do ashdown, not too sure about the other two. EDIT: best if you phone them first, guitar shops gets low on gear just afte Christmas...

Yer I'll ring a few places just 2 make sure lol

and cheers 2 the rest of u I'll look at alls thoughs amps u've suggested and take all ur advice in mind. Thanks again