Has any one ever compared these three tremolo stabilizers?

1. Hipshot Tremsetter
2. Tremol-no
3. WD Music Tremolo Stabilizer

Which one works best, has the best quality and ease of installation?
The Hipshot tremsetter is very good, but i took it out of my strat. It's very hard to install and takes a while to do as well.
I really depends on the tremolo and what you're trying to dial in/dial out. Answer these questions...

1. What tremolo system do I have?
2. What do I want the tremolo to do?
3. How is the tremolo failing to do what I want it to do?

Once you answer these questions, I might be able to help you.
^ +1.

I haven't tried any, but I've ordered the tremol-no for my new custom guitar, and I have a rough idea of how the hipshot works.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TwoString
I really depends on the tremolo and what you're trying to dial in/dial out. Answer these questions...

1. What tremolo system do I have?
2. What do I want the tremolo to do?
3. How is the tremolo failing to do what I want it to do?

Once you answer these questions, I might be able to help you.

I may have already found the answer to my question.

1. I have 4 guitars I want to do this to, 2 with original FR's, 1 Pro-Edge & 1 Pro-Edge II, all are full floating.
2. I want to to able to dive bomb and pull up on the trem without and not have the problem I'm listing in the next line that come with a floating tremolo.
3. Steady notes are going flat when you bend others simutaniously and you have to work against the tremolo to make it keep true to the note(s) your trying to play and I want to be able to go from a standard tuning to a drop tuning with out all the other strings going out of tune.

Right now, I have 3 Hipshot Tremsetters and one WD Music Tremolo Stabilizer on order, I'll do a comparison on ease of install, if it delivers and guality.

I'm counting out the Tremol-no right now since it doesn't do what I want exactly. With the Tremol-no you either lock the trem from moving down or lock it completelyl or it's back to full floating and back to the same problem(s) as before.
^ yeah, it really depends what you want. I went with a tremolno (hasn't arrived yet so I have no idea if it'll work, but from what I hear it does), since I didn't want to affect the feel of the trem, and unison bends etc. I can deal with- I just wanted to be able to change tuning easier.

Most of the stuff I play in a different tuning I wouldn't need a trem for anyway, or at least could make do with dive only.

Also, I didn't want to change the feel of the trem, from what I hear the tremsetter stiffens things up.

So yeah, it really depends what you're after- for me, the tremol-no sounds nigh on perfect. Or at least about as perfect as possible.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Bertallica
Steady notes are going flat when you bend others simutaniously and you have to work against the tremolo to make it keep true to the note(s) your trying to play and I want to be able to go from a standard tuning to a drop tuning with out all the other strings going out of tune. I'm counting out the Tremol-no right now since it doesn't do what I want exactly. With the Tremol-no you either lock the trem from moving down or lock it completelyl or it's back to full floating and back to the same problem(s) as before.

The Trem-Setter will help you with the string bending problem, but that's about it. You could probably dial this problem out simply using the springs...it's a balancing act, you have to tune and re-tune to get it right, but it beats buying an extra part. Sometimes you've got to do goofy setups to counteract the trem. I've reconfigured my strat so many times, but I've finally found a setup that works.

Claw/Block (X-spring not attached, 0-spring attached, bass side is at top)

0-----0
0-----0
X-----X
0-----X
X-----0

(yes, there are 2 springs for the bass side, and a single spring set at an angle for the treble)

I've dialed thE problem out for the most part on my strat simply using the springs...I can do a full 2 step bend on the high E and the other strings only fall out by a cent or so.

As far as changing tunings, the only option you've got there is a block of wood or something like the tremol-no. Since you've got 4 guitars, I'd say just set each guitar up for a specific tuning instead of constnatly reconfiguring guitars to match whatever tuning you're using.
^ yeah, the problem with adding springs is that it changes the feel. That's why I want to go with the tremelno, if there's a passage with lots of cross string bending or unison bends, you just go into dive-only mode. To be honest, it's not all that often that you need up-pull anyway. EDIT: also, I'd rather have the trem feel nice and responsive and counteract the other strings going flat with my technique, lol.

I guess the major problem with the tremol-no is that (from what I hear) you have to be prepared- it'll stay in tune if you break a string, but only if you aren't in floating mode to begin with. It'll help unison bends and bends across strings, but again only if you have the forsight to not be in fully-floating mode.

Etc.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TwoString
As far as changing tunings, the only option you've got there is a block of wood or something like the tremol-no. Since you've got 4 guitars, I'd say just set each guitar up for a specific tuning instead of constnatly reconfiguring guitars to match whatever tuning you're using.

I use 3 guitars for covers I do and then I have back ups cause I guess I'm spoiled. I have two fixed bridge guitars that I use for time to time but I like the freedom a floating bridge can give you.

I use the 3 guitars for 6 different tunings instead of carrying 6 different guitars.

1. E standard & drop D
2. Eb stadard & drop Db
3. D standard & drop C

I'll try the spring trick you're talking about and see how that works.
Quote by Bertallica

3. Steady notes are going flat when you bend others simutaniously and you have to work against the tremolo to make it keep true to the note(s) your trying to play and I want to be able to go from a standard tuning to a drop tuning with out all the other strings going out of tune.

I got a Hipshot Tremsetter installed in my Ibanez RG (floating trem) in order to fix this problem, and it only made a very slight difference, nowhere near what I was hoping. I made a thread about it in the Electric Guitar forum actually.

The "push the string up a bit to compensate" method doesn't work for bends like this:

--12---------
--12--------
--12b14----

unless maybe you try to block the trem with your palm, and I'm not even sure if that's a feasible option. I don't know how Vai did it on Tender Surrender, although I've read that he used to have TWO tremsetters in his jems.

PS - this thread is in the wrong forum.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
^ a tremol-no's not an accessory?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ a tremol-no's not an accessory?

I'd be interested to hear how yours goes when you get it; I think I'm going to buy one for my Ibanez, and put the hipshot in my strat.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor
This could have also gone in the Gear Building & Customizing, but it doesn't get as many hits.

Ok, I got the Tremsetter & the WD Music Tremolo Stabilizer today & just got finished installing them both.

I tried the Tremolo Stabilizer 1st since it doesn't require drilling new holes. It's a piece of crap. It is two pieces of plastic with a threaded metal rod inbetween that keeps the claw the same distance from the sustain block consistant. It has no real way to adjust it or dial in how much you want it to be effective and it didn't work.

I removed it and on the same guitar I installed the Tremsetter. Wow, three holes and I had to resoder the ground wire. It took a bit more setting up but it works pretty good and I think with a bit more tinkering I can adjust it to how much I want it to react to my playing.
Quote by Kris_man
I'd be interested to hear how yours goes when you get it; I think I'm going to buy one for my Ibanez, and put the hipshot in my strat.

If you PM me in about 6 weeks' time, I might have it by then.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?