Mkay, i'm a bit of a noob to tese things and im interested cause they may well be part of the half stack i plan to buy.

First off - Are they better than heads (asuming i don't care about a preamp)?
Second - What makes a behringer 1500 Watt RMS Power amp cost less than other 400W power amps?, Do power amps change the actual sound?
Third - can you change the amount of Watts there prduceing (If i had a 250 watt cab and the power amp was giving 300 could i change it)?

Any help would be Great, Cheers.

Ste
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
1. An amp head is made of two parts, the preamp and the power amp.

You need a preamp because that is where the EQ and sound shaping goes on.

A power amp is what uses the watts to amplify the sound.

So if you don't care about the preamp too bad because you need it.
Power amps supply power, not affecting tone unless it's a tube amp. Behringer is a cheap brand in my eyes, which explains the price differences. I think the head option allows for preamp tone adjustment and since that's not a concern........ Finally the cab wattage being lower than your amp can still work if the amp is not driven 100%. 300w amp will produce that wattage turned up to 10. I'm a guitarist, but the principles are the same I think.
are you using pedals/rackmount effects? if not, then get a head!
.My Rig.

Ibanez GAX75
Laney LV300T
Behringer UD100 ULTRA DISTORTION [lol]
Dano Octave Metal
Dunlop Crybaby
I'm using a Bass Pod Processor that works best wthout another preamp, thats why i dont care if my power amp has a preamp.

So to make sure i've got it all right.

A behringer1500 will sound the same as a better brand 1500 but the behringer would be more likly to screw up or something. A pure power amp is no better or worse than the one in a head and so long as the volumes at a resonable level i wont blow the speakers with to much wattage.

Is that about right?
Never plan anything - it's much more fun to go and do something else. The most surprising thing about planning is the faliure that seems to always succeed it.

Sir John Harvey (Changed a bit - couldnt remember the original.. Meh, this one's tonnes better :P)
To be honest, what you shoudl do is jsut get a small booster pedal and ue that as a pre-amp to get the sound to line level (the best volume to take full advantage of the power amp) Preferably with an XLR output (looks like it is for a microphone cable)

Also, your cabnets shoudl be atleast twice the recommended wattage than your PA. Because you will blow them if they ain't.

Here is a tutorial I wrote about the subject:
http://tuned.afz.biz/index.php?showtopic=105
Cheers for your help, but does that mean that if a had a 250 watt cab i could only use a power amp rated at around 150 watts or left?

Thanks for all the help.