so i was thinking of building either the little gem or ruby, but on the site runoffgroove.com... it doesnt have to volume pot value for the ruby and the other thing is the perfboard layout is different than the picture right below it... any help from sumone who has built it??

http://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html
Last edited by sk8erguy171 at Jan 24, 2007,
The layout and the picture are almost the same. It doesn't matter how you lay it out anyways, as long as it all connects properly.

Pot values in the schem.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ok, well i think i am going to build the little gem instead, but the only elec. store near me doesnt sell the 386 chip .... but heres a link to some other stuff

could i use any of these instead? sry, total elec. noob :P
ok, so i orderd the stuff from small bear, i got 4 386's, i figured my as well, they are 80 cents :P but ive been reading some stuff about how the gem isnt as good as the ruby, the ruby is actaually a lot more refined... but whats that thing that says "G S D" in the layout
sry... like i said, dont konw much
i suggest you do some reading up:

www.generalguitargadgets.com

has some description of common guitar parts

EDIT go to tech page on the navigation and read the pdfs
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
G is ground, S is signal...I haven't a clue what D stands for, but it's coming off the positive lead of the 9v battery supply so I'm assuming it's power.
American Ash Deluxe Tele
Squire Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
'65 Fender Deluxe Reverb RI
'53 Fender Deluxe 5C3
California Dreamer
Valve Junior
2X12 Avatar w/ V30's
G, S, and D are the pins on a transistor. Gate, source and drain.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX