Page 1 of 4
hey what do you guys think of the new esp ltd alexi-200? i'm probably gonna get the black one, too bad it doesn't have pinstripes... maybe i can get it painted. the features are good, though. my music store sells them for $419.

looks pretty good to me - i have the LTD M-50 which yeah i know is cheaper nd stuff but it still rocks.....so yeah ltd/esp are good.....floyd rose bridge is good.....only one pickup but looks like a good one.......looks good altogether....decend price aswell
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
i play metal, so the one pickup will do fine for me. too bad it's not a real emg like the other alexi signatures, it's a licensed or something - esp-emg lh-300.
My advice is not to get it. The cheap liscenced Floyd will crap out in no time. The basswood in that guitar probably sounds horrible. And the one pickup isn't gonna give you the best versatility or sound.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Agreed. Well, with everything but the one pickup, in a sense - the higher end models don't have two pickups either. So for metal, the LTD/ESP Alexis are great for metal. But I do agree that with one pickup, you better make sure it's amazing, to get some tonal variety.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by soadquake981
i play metal, so the one pickup will do fine for me. too bad it's not a real emg like the other alexi signatures, it's a licensed or something - esp-emg lh-300.

Open your eyes. You're paying $419 for a guitar with specs worth half of that. Bolt on, licensed floyd, basswood body, ESP/EMG pickup?! Seriously, get a grip on yourself. Buy that and consider yourself severely ripped off.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
what do you guys suggest i get then? with 24 frets, of course.
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
Why does everyone flip out over these guitars? They're shameless rip-offs of the Randy Rhoads model with less versatility due to a single EMG, which is known to be only for metal with BOTH pickups, and they're priced double what they're worth.
Dickless.
like i said, find me something cheaper that's even the same quality.
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

ibanez are really good - a lot of them have the floyd rose - great range of sound - good everything basically lol - but yeah they are good
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
i mean with the flying v/rhoads shape, lol
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by MetalMilitia212
a bolt on basswood guitar with an ESP EMG and liscenced Floyd Rose...

yeah I agree, Don't get it. If you really want a Laiho model, get the Alexi600. It's a neck through with alder body, WITH PINSTRIPES!, has an OFR, grover hardware, and at least an EMG HZ(Still crap but better than the esp emgs) Look at how much of a step up that is.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
my budget really doesn't include guitars over $500... i'm only a high school freshman. a high school freshman who can shred.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
my budget really doesn't include guitars over $500... i'm only a high school freshman. a high school freshman who can shred.

Good for you. But I doubt you'll find a RR shape guitar, with 24 frets, a good floyd and all that for under $500.

EDIT: The cheapest you can go is a Jackson RR3, and you won't find any under $700 I think.
Quote by primusfan

Quote by soadquake981

Alexi actually uses passive EMG's, so they shouldn't be that different, really.
just how bad are licensed floyds and esp-emgs?
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
just how bad are licensed floyds and esp-emgs?

You're still thinking about buying the Alexi one?

I don't know about the floyd, never played it. But the esp-emgs are bloody awful.

Dude, seriously. Don't buy it. It's your money, and all you'll be paying for is Alexi's name.
Quote by primusfan

seriously guys, if you can't come up with a similar guitar (v shaped) for the same price, ill just buy this one.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
seriously guys, if you can't come up with a similar guitar (v shaped) for the same price, ill just buy this one.

It's your wallet, mate. But why can't it be another shape, and a fixed bridge? Seriously, if you're on a budget, you shouldn't be so picky.
Quote by primusfan

it looks pretty good. throw an EMG 81 in and that'd probably make it even better. kinda wish they'd put the pinstripe on it like Alexi's ESP's or the new Jackson RR24.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
i guess any floyd is better than what i got right now... and how hard would it be to put in an active emg? would it be compatable?
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
i guess any floyd is better than what i got right now... and how hard would it be to put in an active emg? would it be compatable?

If you're set on it, fine.

Yeah, it's possible.
Quote by primusfan

could i do it myself or would i have to take it to a shop?
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
well, the rhoads-type body indicates that it's mainly for metal and distortion sounds...

that has got to be one of the most noobiest things somebody has said

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
lol notice the word n00b in under my sn... lol jk. well you wouldn't play jazz on a rhoads...
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
lol notice the word n00b in under my sn... lol jk. well you wouldn't play jazz on a rhoads...

You could, with a RR3.
Quote by primusfan

hmmm, thats a new one, never heard of anyone doing that before.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981

if you get an actual jackson randy rhoads with sd's yeah you can besides that alexi guitar sucks cockles just buy a regular guitar. licensed floyd's = and esp-emgs = bolt on neck and a basswood body = go buy something you will be happy with in the long run

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
like i keep telling you guys, it's good for the price.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
like i keep telling you guys, it's good for the price.

no unless you wanna be ripped off you just wanna be like Alexi thats all. besides what are you playing now and what amp do you have.

Quote by Gabel
i have an ibanez rg160b and a behringer v-amp lx-210. not the best but not bad either. and if you guys like jacksons better, there are no jacksons with floyds and 24 frets under 1000 bucks...
Quote by Twist of fate

Stop being such a poser, you only like that guitar because you wish you could be like Alexi Laiho. Why don't you get something thats worth the money. I would never buy a guitar with a trem on it for 400 bucks, you need more money than that to get something worth owning.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by soadquake981
i have an ibanez rg160b and a behringer v-amp lx-210. not the best but not bad either. and if you guys like jacksons better, there are no jacksons with floyds and 24 frets under 1000 bucks...

have you even ever played a guitar with a licensed floyd ?

Quote by Gabel
Quote by soadquake981
hmmm, thats a new one, never heard of anyone doing that before.

You're going to debate the versatility of the signature model of one of the first guitarists to blend jazz, classical, and heavy metal, while trying to defend the signature model of the newest wanna-be metalhead who uses the same tone and style in every song?
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
You're going to debate the versatility of the signature model of one of the first guitarists to blend jazz, classical, and heavy metal, while trying to defend the signature model of the newest wanna-be metalhead who uses the same tone and style in every song?

Quote by Gabel
Page 1 of 4