i believe my standard strat needs a real upgrade so what kind of pickup should i get to keep the strat tone but be able to have great distorted sounds to?
Umm more specific please if you want metal you should go with EMG's, otherwise DiMArzios rock for anything and I have also heard that Burstbuckers are very good
do you have room for a humbucker at the bridge position? also, what's your amp, and what's your budget? what type of distortion are you after (bands)? do you have any other guitars?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
difinately dimarzios if u need single coils. Go for a chopper pickup, or yjm, or whatever has no hum. Look on musiciansfriend.com for good choices and reviews.
Quote by shav0r
Umm more specific please if you want metal you should go with EMG's, otherwise DiMArzios rock for anything and I have also heard that Burstbuckers are very good

Do you really know anything about pickups?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."