Does anyone know any good ensemble pieces which include a piano or keyboard?

i'd rather have something like the cure or alkaline trio (I already suggested time to waste)
any Supertramp

lots of Queen.

and of course, rember to JUMP!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by yawn
Does it have to include drums/bass/guitar as well?

yes

Quote by z4twenny
any coldplay

i'd rather die than get my vioce that high
Right Now - Van Halen

Not really the style you requested but great song nonetheless.
Gear
Agile Septor 7
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone G-400
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Peavey Classic 50
well november rain has panio its a good song to
People are strange..
when your a stranger...
check out some dream theater or some liquid tension experiment

also you may not like them but check out children of bodom
If you don't want to sing in a high pitch, then there goes Muse, Coldplay, and Queen...

I hate to be generic, but I guess I'll second November Rain.
dos children of bodom even have panio in it ? i only hurd one song by them before
People are strange..
when your a stranger...
Quote by yawn
If you don't want to sing in a high pitch, then there goes Muse, Coldplay, and Queen...

I hate to be generic, but I guess I'll second November Rain.

i don't think the guy from coldplay sings that high all the time, sometimes yeah but not the whole time.

could you maybe just find songs you like and transcribe certain keyboard/guitar parts to the piano?

edit: and just to point out, all this and someone suggests november rain? yeah axel doesn't sing high or anything....
Quote by z4twenny
i don't think the guy from coldplay sings that high all the time, sometimes yeah but not the whole time.

could you maybe just find songs you like and transcribe certain keyboard/guitar parts to the piano?

edit: and just to point out, all this and someone suggests november rain? yeah axel doesn't sing high or anything....

yeah i was gonna say

EDIT: I wanna keep the guitar parts because we have a guitarist
Last edited by Twikki at Jan 24, 2007,
The Beatles have lots of good piano. Coldplay too. But like you said you cant sing that high, well go into falsetto. Chris Martin (I think thats his name) does it lots so try it.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
^ and thats fine i can understand that, but there are songs where if there are 2 guitars and you only have 1 guitarist then you can arrange the rhythm guitar for piano

last dance of mary jane is a good example.
Ben Folds Five

Particularly the song Army. But Ben Folds is an amazing pianist and includes it in all his songs.

Quote by justin_fraser
The Beatles have lots of good piano. Coldplay too. But like you said you cant sing that high, well go into falsetto. Chris Martin (I think thats his name) does it lots so try it.

I hate Beatles piano. It's so boring and dull. Just the tonic of the chord, then the rest of the triad played over and over again in eighth notes.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i helped some guy before with a piano tab for karma police, if ur interested in radiohead that is.
Quote by Muphin
I hate Beatles piano. It's so boring and dull. Just the tonic of the chord, then the rest of the triad played over and over again in eighth notes.

They have some amazing piano out there. Sure some of it is simple, its still amazing. Like "let it be", 'hey jude', and Lennon's Imagine has some great piano.

And yes Keane would be a great idea. They have some really good piano.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
home sweet home- motley crue
thts has a piano in the intro and end i think
Counting Crows - A Long December
Death Cab For Cutie songs
Straylight Run stuff
Coldplay stuff
And even Radiohead has some interesting tracks that combine guitar and piano. That's really different playing though, it's Radiohead of course heh.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Quote by Galvanise69
Dream Theatre - Acid Rain

HELLS YEAH!

That's a Liquid Tension Experiment track, not Dream Theater.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by zoso1822
home sweet home- motley crue
thts has a piano in the intro and end i think

**** YEAH!
Quote by Charlatan_001
Uh-oh. People might mistake you for a homosexual if you buy a purple pedal.

Quote by Shredlet
You own an Rg2570E and you live in Australia I to you sir!
I second Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse (you can sing an octave lower if it's too high and that goes for Coldplay too, if you can't, your range is less than an octave and you really need some singing lessons to increase it).

Warmness on the Soul is awesome too, that would be the first thing I'd learn if I started piano.