Okay see in a couple of months I'm going to be in the market for a new bass (currently have a used IbanezGSR 190). So I was looking into the rockbass series and I was wondering if they are a good value for the price range.

So, have any of you played them? They are one of the brands that I'm looking at right now, along with Schecter, and a couple others. I figured it would be nice to get a head start on the search.

Thanks in advance for any help
Ibanes SR500 are amazing, so are Schecter, good luck trying to find one if you live in the UK. Warwick Rockbass are great, theyre amazing for the price.

But what kinda stuff do you play?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I like the RockBass series. They're Warwicks without the horrendous wallet pillaging tendencies. They tend to weigh less too. They don't have as much Warwick "growl", but they give you a Warwick feel nontheless. I reviewed the Fortress (my primary bass for nearly two years now, through thick and thin) on UG. If you need any more than that review, just consider the fact that I am still playing that very bass on a semi-pro level.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I generally play classic rock, but I still want the versatility to be able to play other stuff like funk metal etc...

I was looking maybe at the steamer, but the review here said that because of the kind of wood in the body, its heavy.

And as for where I live, I'm in the U.S.
Quote by IndianRockStar
I generally play classic rock, but I still want the versatility to be able to play other stuff like funk metal etc...

I was looking maybe at the steamer, but the review here said that because of the kind of wood in the body, its heavy.

And as for where I live, I'm in the U.S.

I did a review on the 5 string a couple years ago. (Looking back on it my grammar and spelling were HORRIBLE) I owned the 5 string version for a long time. It's a very solid bass. It's really heavy, especially for the size, so you'll need a thick strap. I only ever had one complaint with the bass, and that was that the pickup springs were too strong, and tended to rip the pickups out. However it is a realtively easy fix.

The Streamer has a great all around tone, I used it for litterally everything jazz, classic rock, alternative, punk, some hip-hop, and got literally every sound I wanted out of it. It's a very good bass for the money.
If theyre anything like the real Warwicks, go for it. Ive never played one however id guess they have a similar feel, and warwicks feel so nice.
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
If theyre anything like the real Warwicks, go for it. Ive never played one however id guess they have a similar feel, and warwicks feel so nice.

They're good basses for the price range but nothing like real Warwicks.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
I believe they are the best value for money in this price range.

I once used a RockBass Corvette for a recording, because I didn't think my Squire Precision would cut it for the track. I was so impressed with the tone (I was quite essily back then) I decided to check some Warwicks.

I now own two... a Thumb NT and a Corvette Ash.

Definately check out some RockBasses!
yeah thier nice for the price range. Personally I prefer Ibanez SR500s to warwicks. But yeah warwicks are super nice and i was impressed with the rock bass.

Yeah they're great basses but not much like a warwick really in sound.