Everytime i play my guitar there is a buzzing sound coming from the amp. It gets less buzzy if i put my hand on a metal peice of the guitar. What is this? Does it have anything to do with the ground of the amp? Is it the pickups? Is it normal?. The buzz isnt really that bad It just gets annoying after awhile. I can plug any of my guitars into the amp and there is atleast some buzz. All of my Stuff is new just incase you are wondering
yeah its normal, if your using single coil pickups it'll make that sound. Humbucker pickups are made to "buck" the hum, hence the name. Dont worry about it tho.
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
does the guitar have a buzzing sound while playing it without an amp ??? if it does then u should set up ur guitar coz strings are touching more than one fret at a time?? if it doesn't then ur amp has a poblem or prbably the cable
Yeah that would most likely be you naturally grounding the guitar with your hand.
what type of guitar?

single coils tend to buzz when a dimmer light or computer is used near rig. the buzz lessens when two pickups are selected at once.

grounding problems quiet when u touch metal.
grounding problems are sometimes really hard to solve. lets figure out the problem before the warranty expires.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, I am next to a computer and When The selector switch is switched to a certain position it buzz'es more. Really when the switch is in the First position it doesnt buzz. Ive always thought it was normal becouse when i watch vids on youtube of people playing They have a buzz too. Here are the guitars i play on this amp. Ibanez gsa60jb,and dean dimeblade. If you need any more info Just ask.....
Quote by beero
does the guitar have a buzzing sound while playing it without an amp ??? if it does then u should set up ur guitar coz strings are touching more than one fret at a time?? if it doesn't then ur amp has a poblem or prbably the cable

No, im not talking about fret buzz...........And my amp doesnt have a problem. And all of my cables are new and i can switch cables and it still does it...... Read the post above this one.
Quote by -SHREDDER-
Well, I am next to a computer and When The selector switch is switched to a certain position it buzz'es more. Really when the switch is in the First position it doesnt buzz. Ive always thought it was normal becouse when i watch vids on youtube of people playing They have a buzz too. Here are the guitars i play on this amp. Ibanez gsa60jb,and dean dimeblade. If you need any more info Just ask.....

Its the monitor, you could either turn off your monitor or stay true to the 1st position since it access the full humbucker capability. Single-coil-only would buzz more than coil-tapped single coil + humbucker-coil.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic