Whould a Epiphone Dot sound good or fit right with EMG's in them. Im looking to play metal and I really like the Dot so I was wondering if it would be a good combo?
I looking at the 60 in the neck and 85 in the bridge. Would this work alright?
Unless you have some magical plan to prevent the feedback you'll get, then no.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Wow, EMG's in a dot...

Why would you play metal on one of those?
WTF
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
get another epiphone that looks like a dot but is solidbody, and paint f-holes on it. like paul gilbert's signature. if you want to see it, go to www.ibanez.com. im saying this because i believe all the feedback algeeEater is tlaking about will be coming from the hollowbody. if you have a solidbody, it wont be so bad that you need a magical plan lol.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by AlGeeEater
Unless you have some magical plan to prevent the feedback you'll get, then no.

Chris

Anyway, I would say that's a bad idea due to the whole feedback thing.
Quote by dementedpuppy
Wow, EMG's in a dot...

Why would you play metal on one of those?
WTF

Emg's are suprisingly good for blues. Really good actually. It has to be semi-hard blues though.

PS-Sorry for the double post!
Quote by RedHotFan182
Whould a Epiphone Dot sound good or fit right with EMG's in them. Im looking to play metal and I really like the Dot so I was wondering if it would be a good combo?

This is almost as funny as that poser who wanted to put EMGs in his B.C. Rich Dagger. We kept on telling him not to, as it would feed back like crazy, but he kept on telling us to fuck off. Anyway, he was banned.
wat would be good metal pickups to put in a dot or should i just get some distortion and keep the stock pickups
You don't play metal with a hollow body guitar, incase you didn't gather that from the previous posts in your thread.

If you want to play metal, get a solid body or semi-hollow guitar and put EMG's in that.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Umm, an epiphone dot is semi-hollow. ES-335s(with the exception of early Gibson models, as in the ones from about '57 to '63) have a solid center block. I own an epiphone dot and use it for everything from RHCP to Donovan Frankenreiter to Guns and roses and I have almost no issue with feedback.

Also, the guy from static-x has an epiphone Dot Studio with EMGs, and he has no feedback issues.

While I wouldn't recomend the settup you suggest, it will work fine.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Umm, an epiphone dot is semi-hollow. ES-335s(with the exception of early Gibson models, as in the ones from about '57 to '63) have a solid center block. I own an epiphone dot and use it for everything from RHCP to Donovan Frankenreiter to Guns and roses and I have almost no issue with feedback.

Also, the guy from static-x has an epiphone Dot Studio with EMGs, and he has no feedback issues.

While I wouldn't recomend the settup you suggest, it will work fine.

They're still hollowbodies. Semi-hollow bodies are SOLID blocks of wood that are usually routed for the chambers, then a top is glued on. They're basically one solid block of wood, which is why they don't have too many problems with feedback. Guitars with a solid block down the center are still hollowbody guitars, they're not constructed anything like semi-hollow guitars. Hollowbodies are constructed much like acoustics, with bent and glued sides. You have to glue the top and back on, and the center block is usually glued into the body. They handle feedback much worse.

I believe Tripp Eisen's guitar isn't a hollowbody though, but i'm not too sure. I don't know too much about Static-X, but I do know that hollowbodies feedback like hell with distortion. I've experienced it first hand.

Chris
Quote by RedHotFan182

You can go for it if you really really want to, but in retrospect, this will have been a very poor decision.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Wes Borlands signature guitar from Yamaha is semi hollow, and it has a very nice metal tone. I'm confused as to how that works, considering everyone here has said you cant play metal with hollowbody guitars, confirming what I've read everywhere else.

video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N5pyJ9J0vEM
Gear
Left-Handed Schecter C-1 Stealth
Left-Handed Fender Standard Strat

EHX Little Big Muff
Boss DS-2
EHX PolyChorus

Orange Rocker 30 Head

Next Purchases:
Quote by Holy Katana

This is almost as funny as that poser who wanted to put EMGs in his B.C. Rich Dagger. We kept on telling him not to, as it would feed back like crazy, but he kept on telling us to fuck off. Anyway, he was banned.

I have the guitar was thinking about doing that. Then I relized how much I dislike that guitar and BC Rich, that guitar dose have a nice clean on it tho. But after I get a change of an amp... Then im gonna put some EMGs in my LP.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
I have an EMG in my Dot and it sounds incredible.

Having said that, I beefed up the inside with some mahogany inserts before I got em. The thing totally WRECKS. I have a VERY strange setup though, so I wouldn't try it unless you're feeling lucky.
Quote by AlGeeEater
You don't play metal with a hollow body guitar, incase you didn't gather that from the previous posts in your thread.

If you want to play metal, get a solid body or semi-hollow guitar and put EMG's in that.

Chris

look up the guitarist for daath, he plays death metal with a PRS hollowbody, with no problems. the fact is you can play anything with any guitar. i would'nt put emgs though, i would put in dimarzios, but that is my preference.
What amp do you have? try scrweing with the settings on the amp first, then try a pedal then pickup changes, im not sure emg's would be good in a DOT but ive played metal with a dot so its doable
You can plug the holes in it to take care of some of the feedback... or so I've been told.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!