I want to tune my guitar down a half step, I have a tuner but I don't know how to tune it down a half step with it (theres no button for it) I know its tuned something like:

Eb
Ab
Db
Gb
Bb
eb

but I don't see like those "little b" on my tuner.
Please help on how I tune down a half step with my tuner.
Heres my tuner:
http://www.amazon.com/FIRST-ACT-Chromatic-Tuner-Digital-Metronome/dp/B000JJQ1GE
The button that is labelled 'beat' also has flat and sharp on it.
(The b being flat, the # being sharp)
I'm guessing if you press that it will change to chromatic flat tuning.
Or maybe when you make a string flatter (say E) before it goes to D, there will be an E with maybe a dot, that is normlly saying it's flat......Have a look at the instructions, I'm sure it'll have it in there.
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Quote by thepower
The button that is labelled 'beat' also has flat and sharp on it.
(The b being flat, the # being sharp)
I'm guessing if you press that it will change to chromatic flat tuning.
Or maybe when you make a string flatter (say E) before it goes to D, there will be an E with maybe a dot, that is normlly saying it's flat......Have a look at the instructions, I'm sure it'll have it in there.

hmmm don't really get what your saying.
I also threw away my booklet it came with awhile ago

I heard if I hold down the first fret of the string im tuning and tune it the regular way then it will be tuned for a half step down..

True?
My guess would be that when tuner/metronome is set to tuner mode you can use that button to set flat or sharp by pressing it. When in metronome mode it will change the beat by pressing that button. Multi-functional button. Try the manufacturer's website. Sometimes manuals are available there.

Just looked again, I'd say you set it to Metronome/Tuner mode with the M/T button then use the left right arrows to the right of that button to adjust. Probably flat to the left and sharp to the right. You will probably see flats or sharps on the screen one then 2 etc.. WHen you see 1 flat that is your setting.
Just because you're paranoid
Doesn't mean they aren't watching you!
Last edited by LongT at Jan 24, 2007,